• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AAA Evol .22 standard questions.

Is there a folding stock adapter that will work with the evol chassis?

Any scope ring recommendations?
Any designed for the AR15. the LAW is the most common. Also keep in mind some of these adapters are designed to contain the AR buffer with extra components; none of this is necessary for the EVOL.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I have UTG Pro rings in low configuration and an Athlon Helos 4-20x50 that fits perfectly.
20230404_081159.jpg

Is there a folding stock adapter that will work with the evol chassis?

Any scope ring recommendations?
As @slayer said many work, but with extra needed components. With my folder, an "ar15 compatible" "mil-spec" lock ring with the boss/nub on it so the adapter doesn't rotate on the receiver housing was required. It is a German made HERA AR15 folder, used with an ACE DoubleStar short skeleton stock. Folder's add to the length of pull.

Last edited:
My Paradigm was set up for the 25.4 and heaver pellets in .22. Being as I have a crap load of the 18.1 pellets a simple turning down of the regulator and a little play of the hammer spring, makes for a great shooter.

These rifles are really easy to tune and adjust. I was doing the teardown without the dedicated tools, but with them it makes things much easier.

Finally able to get the scope zeroed good, and hoping to get the rifle out Tuesday for some prairie dog hunting.

20230129_103541.jpg

My Paradigm was set up for the 25.4 and heaver pellets in .22. Being as I have a crap load of the 18.1 pellets a simple turning down of the regulator and a little play of the hammer spring, makes for a great shooter.

These rifles are really easy to tune and adjust. I was doing the teardown without the dedicated tools, but with them it makes things much easier.

Finally able to get the scope zeroed good, and hoping to get the rifle out Tuesday for some prairie dog hunting.

View attachment 356349
That sweet looking gun looks like it will be murder on the prairie dogs… your setup looks ready, willing and able to devastate the residents of a prairie dog town. Looking forward to an after action report. Good luck on Tuesday, to the prairie dogs, they’re going to need it. Kidding aside, hoping you get a lot of them.

Reactions: woogie_man

View attachment 356349
How many turns did you make to the regulator and hammer spring to shoot the 18 grainers?

@Calibama22 Here's instruction on tuning the Evol's regulator from Tom, quoted from his post in another thread:

Regulator - The baseline of 2000 psi can be simply set by gently turning the adjuster until stops on the seat and then back out 7/8 of a turn. The adjustment is very fine, approx. 1 hour per 50 psi. Clockwise decreases and counter-clockwise increases the reg pressure. We will set them at tad higher at the factory for a couple of reasons. A slightly higher pressure will allow for frictional velocity losses of pellet weight slugs by a simple striker adjustment. Also, we have found the shot count to be slightly higher (36 regged shots with 44 gn. JSB) and the ES slightly tighter. As you can see from the independent ES data published in this thread; ES is not an issue.

As a general philosophy, EVOL is designed to have a wide operating range in terms of accuracy and velocity. The extremely stiff barrel system allows for this wide velocity range by mitigating harmonics, thus reducing the need to micromanage fps. Of course there is always a sweet spot; EVOL is designed to have a very wide sweet spot.

@Calibama22 Here's instruction on tuning the Evol's regulator from Tom, quoted from his post in another thread:

Regulator - The baseline of 2000 psi can be simply set by gently turning the adjuster until stops on the seat and then back out 7/8 of a turn. The adjustment is very fine, approx. 1 hour per 50 psi. Clockwise decreases and counter-clockwise increases the reg pressure. We will set them at tad higher at the factory for a couple of reasons. A slightly higher pressure will allow for frictional velocity losses of pellet weight slugs by a simple striker adjustment. Also, we have found the shot count to be slightly higher (36 regged shots with 44 gn. JSB) and the ES slightly tighter. As you can see from the independent ES data published in this thread; ES is not an issue.

As a general philosophy, EVOL is designed to have a wide operating range in terms of accuracy and velocity. The extremely stiff barrel system allows for this wide velocity range by mitigating harmonics, thus reducing the need to micromanage fps. Of course there is always a sweet spot; EVOL is designed to have a very wide sweet spot.
Thank you, I’ll probably have a bunch more tuning questions once I get the gun. AOA said two weeks.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist