AAA EVOL .22 Mini - worth the price of admission

FYI,

We have a new moderator in the works specifically tuned for the Mini. This new moderator is an aluminum one piece housing with a replaceable monolithic core and utilizes additional damping elements in the shroud. It is considerably more quiet with a much lower and slower pitch and absence of the crack from the shroud. Fully backwards compatible with previous units.

Pictured is one of the prototypes....

Hi Tom, 

Glad to see you in the forum! Any progress on the .177 EVOL?

Yes we have two protos in field testing. One sub 20fpe FT and one 40+fpe slug. I think the barrels are now ready for small pre-production run. steve123 and azrover had some trigger time with FT proto gun earlier this month.

Tom

I also shot the prototype .177 earlier this month. It was the sub 20fpe FT. SWEEEEEET rifle. Had a chance to shoot a couple groups on paper from some bags/bench. I don't remember the exact yardage but I'm thinking it was something like 40 yards. Pellet on pellet. Multiple five shot groups, each of which not much bigger than a pencil eraser. Also had a chance to shoot it offhand at a silhouettes that was set up at 70 yards. I was able to knock down a pig with the one and only shot i took at it. I quit on that high point. Others then challenged and took out the chickens offhand. Point being, it shoots very nicely from an offhand position and with superb accuracy from a bench. 

I liked it.

This is the route I went with mine saving weight and money yet similar features to the PRS.

1595882880_2581947905f1f3d8026ff67.60198004.png

Great feedback @JWilson. I am anxiously waiting for the Vet 2 but probably go with a Vet 1 if they really go on sale. Doubt it but never know or buy a used one somewhere especially when the Vet 2 comes out. I’m reading great reviews on them but trying to find a bad one and only real complaint is the rear cocking but I’m a lefty so don’t see that being a problem. I currently have an FX Impact and think it’s better to have cocking lever on the right side since my left hand stays on the trigger.
1f937-1f3fb-200d-2642-fe0f.svg

Ver.2 of the Gun? When?

Dang - even an expensive gun can be taken down by a $ 0.02 o-ring. Noticed over the past week or so that I'm losing about 100-200bar a day, so yesterday stripped it down to the air tube and checked all the o-rings, re-lubed, bumped reg from 130 to 140 bar and re-installed. Was shooting fine last night and I was gonna take it out in a few hours to shoot, but I'm sitting here and suddenly - pop and whoosh I hear air coming out. Stripped down again and the larger o-ring on the reg has a huge chunk out of it. 

I've got tons of small o-ring around, but not the #122 large o-ring required for the Evol. So now the Evol is out of commission until O-Rings and More delivers.

ps - I'd stomp my foot and go waaah if I weren't 46 and no one would pay any attention anyway.