AAA EVOL .22 Mini - worth the price of admission

I had a chance to sight in and shoot a group out the back door this morning. I'm just blown away with this 8 shot group at 45 yards. If that gust of wind hadn't caught that one flier.....

1593183191_12834345975ef60bd7dc1e19.30167376.jpeg

1593183200_9730385105ef60be05f24d2.51806395.jpeg

Yes - I did place the order through AoA. Above targets were shot 45 yards, JSB 18.1gr @ 800 fps. I've tried the JSB 25gr and they seem just as accurate, but much slower unless I probably crank the reg back up to 150 bar, but then I'll just be wasting air - I don't need that level of power at this time. 

I've tried the H&N Barracuda Match 21gr and the 18.5gr Hunter and they don't shoot well at all. Tried some different slug brands and the FX Hybrid show some potential, but didn't have much luck with H&N or NSA slugs. 

CT, would you give some more insight as to why you went with this PCP after owning some very nice ones? You touched on the simplicity of design, I would love to hear more. Also what was the tune and shot count before you lowered the reg? Are you going to be hunting/pesting with it? Loving it’s spartan look. Though I love my bottle gun for plinking/pesting and shot count. If I could only own one PCP it would be a tube gun. Thanks for the info.

CT, would you give some more insight as to why you went with this PCP after owning some very nice ones? You touched on the simplicity of design, I would love to hear more. Also what was the tune and shot count before you lowered the reg? Are you going to be hunting/pesting with it? Loving it’s spartan look. Though I love my bottle gun for plinking/pesting and shot count. If I could only own one PCP it would be a tube gun. Thanks for the info.

I really had to think about in order to answer your questions well and honestly. I think a lot of it stems from just never quite being a fan of the traditional rifle form. There is something inflexible about it and it just doesn't quite work for where my hand likes to be. For this reason I've tried bullpups but tended to like the pistol carbine format the best - and it dawned on me it was because of the grip and hand position. 

Let's add into it that, although I don't do it much any longer, I've been into airsoft for about 5-6 years. Yes, I am a grown kid who likes going into tactical situation with people shooting at me while full well knowing I am not going to actually die from a bullet. I've played a bit at HVA in Carmel, NY if anyone is familiar. In playing airsoft I got my hand on almost every replica of a tactical weapon. In doing so I really came to like the AR15/M4 platform because of how many options and accessories are out there. 

So combine all of the above and the EVOL seemed to fall into place as a universally expandable platform. I can use my grip of choice, stock of choice, foregrips, AFGs, vertical grips, bipods - and I don't have to think "Will it fit?" because the platform is standardized.

CT, 

How long did it take from the time you placed your order with AOA to the time you received it?

I have to admit for a purchase this expensive I paid for quick shipping and got it in a couple of days. 

A few changes to the setup since I've last posted.

I needed a little bit more quiet, so I moved the Donny adapter back right in front of the barrel and installed a Shogun moderator. Very quiet back yard friendly setup now.

I've also done a little work tuning the JSB 18.1 to 840 fps with the reg still at an assumed 130bar. The max speed I got to was 857 and then backed off to 840. One thing which amazes me is that this gun keeps getting better as it breaks in. With my first 130 bar tune shooting 800 fps I was getting 3 - 11rnd magazines before the tank was at the reg setting. I'd say I am around 500 shots or more at this point. With the 840 fps speed I am currently getting 4 full magazines on reg - that means efficiency has increase 33% since I first got it. Pretty nuts.

1593821283_17133873775effc863692b45.81846104.jpeg

Now someone commented that they first heard about the EVOL Mini Backpacker - and that is a cool setup. I could see why they dropped the folding arm - solid ones are not cheap. But I saw this as being feasible to create a very compact field bag/backpack setup.

I am beyond pleased and impressed with the results.

1593821466_7603278965effc91a075c47.98701382.jpeg

1593821473_2329697495effc9211c9577.84223422.jpeg

1593821479_20358589765effc927a4e217.97615655.jpeg

1593821485_1468625475effc92d0764e4.12488312.jpeg

I really had to think about in order to answer your questions well and honestly. I think a lot of it stems from just never quite being a fan of the traditional rifle form. There is something inflexible about it and it just doesn't quite work for where my hand likes to be. For this reason I've tried bullpups but tended to like the pistol carbine format the best - and it dawned on me it was because of the grip and hand position. 

Let's add into it that, although I don't do it much any longer, I've been into airsoft for about 5-6 years. Yes, I am a grown kid who likes going into tactical situation with people shooting at me while full well knowing I am not going to actually die from a bullet. I've played a bit at HVA in Carmel, NY if anyone is familiar. In playing airsoft I got my hand on almost every replica of a tactical weapon. In doing so I really came to like the AR15/M4 platform because of how many options and accessories are out there. 

So combine all of the above and the EVOL seemed to fall into place as a universally expandable platform. I can use my grip of choice, stock of choice, foregrips, AFGs, vertical grips, bipods - and I don't have to think "Will it fit?" because the platform is standardized.

That means it is a personal choice more than searching for great airgun

Did you use RTI airgun?

What do you think of it?

That means it is a personal choice more than searching for great airgun

Did you use RTI airgun?

What do you think of it?

If you choose to look at it that way isn't every choice personal? It's great from the perspective of performance and it appeals to me in a personal way too. Playing the semantics game doesn't rile my feathers. 

Never used an RTI.