AA S510 XS Ultimate Sporter 22 - Final Chrono tests

Geez Tyler, thank you for the detailed report! 50 shots is more than satisfactory to me with performance like that. I was only getting 873fps avg with the 18gr on an optimal fill with the rifle I had.

I hope you get to check my orignal rifle when it gets to PA. I don't expect results of the inspection to be posted, I just hope you get to check it for yourself being your close involvement in this.

Thank you so much!

George,

Sounds like it's going to be fantastic!! Thank you for all your help. 

1f642.svg

I agree that no one can expect the results to be posted. There are lots of folks that do their own work for themselves and others. Sharing the findings would potentially save some folks trouble and ultimately costs... Something to consider.

Milacek, 

It is rare that I enable an ego-maniac by a response that only furthers your narcissism. Perhaps English is not your primary language, and maybe you have assumed that certain course words or phrases are acceptable in respectful discourse. I assure you, they are not. On the other hand, if you are speaking in a manner to intentionally appear course and disrespectful, you have been successful. It is nothing of which you should be proud. 

Geez Tyler, thank you for the detailed report! 50 shots is more than satisfactory to me with performance like that. I was only getting 873fps avg with the 18gr on an optimal fill with the rifle I had.

I hope you get to check my orignal rifle when it gets to PA. I don't expect results of the inspection to be posted, I just hope you get to check it for yourself being your close involvement in this.

Thank you so much!

George,

1f642.svg

I agree that no one can expect the results to be posted. There are lots of folks that do their own work for themselves and others. Sharing the findings would potentially save some folks trouble and ultimately costs... Something to consider.

Well then this will surprise someone LOL.

Bob, dug into your return gun yesterday. Verified your findings and it seemed like the reg wasn't even working based on my chrony results, which mirrored yours. The gun does in fact have a reg in it, just seems like it was sticking. We lubricated it and verified that all of the seals/o-rings were in good shape, reinstalled and what a difference the lube made! Very similar to the gun we just sent out for you, from 250 BAR down to 150 BAR, 50 shots within a 17 fps spread, averaging 911 fps with JSB 18.13's. I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next few days and shooting it some more to make sure that holds, but it would seem that all it needed was a little lube.

That aside, between yours that came back, and the other guy who chimed in on this thread, those are the only two we have seen. I did check the other gun as well (it was a .177), and it seemed to be performing just fine, but as I am finding with both the .22's and .25's that I have shot, the shot count seems to be less than what has been told to us by Air Arms. Still waiting for an answer on that one, and will update once we hear something.

Hope that helps shed a little light.

Tyler

Reactions: Bob_O
i am not an egomaniac, i am into technical details.

elh the fact is i told bob whats wrong (actually there was nothing wrong just needed tuning) and how to fix it and you fanboys tried to mob me basically here.

and now they are trying to twist this, fogging ongoing. you know what i dont mind live in ignorance if you prefer that way. it is your choice.

Reactions: BSJ
First off, I'm going to assume you've never seen an XS reg, let alone worked with one. It's not like an FTP or Galahad reg in the way it comes apart, or goes back together. Because of that, you can actually take it apart and put it back together without changing the tension on the spring stack.

Secondly, how do you know we didn't put it on a reg checker to verify the output before and after we took it apart?

Not all regs are the same, and I agree, most regs do not work that way. But the XS reg in Bob's gun comes apart in a way that is different to every AA reg I have seen/worked with before, which is good to see from a development perspective.

is there a PN for the magic lube? you will need it Bob
1f44d.svg

Tyler you said it was not tuned. just lubed up

mil,

Please leave this thread alone....all you seem to want to do is instigate and provoke an argument. We are all above that. Going on a personal attack of industry professionals is taking what seems to be a personal agenda a bit too far.

Should you persist, I will make a report to admin.

Tyler,

Thank you very much for the insight. I'm thrilled with your findings and happy that you got to the bottom of it!

Tyler,

The replacement gun is due to be delivered tomorrow morning. If the original is functioning fine and you would like the replacement sent back unboxed so you are not out a new gun, please let me know.

I can refuse the shipment if you would like the new gun back.

Absolutely not! You take that new gun and shoot it until your heart is content my friend. You've waited long enough, no reason to make you wait longer. Besides, I'd like to keep an eye on your original and shoot it some more to make sure everything is holding up okay.

Reactions: Macros

Thank you so much!

George,

1f642.svg

Well then this will surprise someone LOL.

Bob, dug into your return gun yesterday. Verified your findings and it seemed like the reg wasn't even working based on my chrony results, which mirrored yours. The gun does in fact have a reg in it, just seems like it was sticking. We lubricated it and verified that all of the seals/o-rings were in good shape, reinstalled and what a difference the lube made! Very similar to the gun we just sent out for you, from 250 BAR down to 150 BAR, 50 shots within a 17 fps spread, averaging 911 fps with JSB 18.13's. I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next few days and shooting it some more to make sure that holds, but it would seem that all it needed was a little lube.

That aside, between yours that came back, and the other guy who chimed in on this thread, those are the only two we have seen. I did check the other gun as well (it was a .177), and it seemed to be performing just fine, but as I am finding with both the .22's and .25's that I have shot, the shot count seems to be less than what has been told to us by Air Arms. Still waiting for an answer on that one, and will update once we hear something.

Hope that helps shed a little light.

Tyler

Tyler,

Thanks for posting. The information you are sharing seems to be coming from a position of true candor and fact based. Glad to know it was a lube problem. I suspected extreme overlube though...I was wrong. Sounds like a good cleaning and prober lube for assembly did resolve the issue though so my self-esteem is restored😅😅😅😅 I am sure I am not the only guy that truly appreciates you posting the findings. Thank you!

Joe

i work in the service industry and can tell that a swap is usually a a failure of technical support/repair and a far better practice is a proper repair. As this restores the complete confidence in a product.

the moment you went public and jumping over usual procedures, took you to salesguys and international attention. 

you had a few threads ongoing about this gun recently showing that actially the AA was fit for purpose as it was performing, sub optimal but OK.

they were technical treads i was trying to contribute.

We will see how you decide: are you keeping the old one or prefer to keep the untested by you swap.

Again, get your facts straight....I didn't go to anyone with this...they came to me.

As for your last question, it's already been decided had you bothered to read the relevant responses in this thread.

All along you were claiming that all the rifle needed was a proper tune, that it was not the regulator malfunctioning. You can't even see that you were wrong.

And worse than that all you seem to care about is further derailing a thread. Have some respect and please leave my thread....I don't wish to have your input.

ADDED:

In the other thread, it appears that you deleted the original content and just wrote "Left the forum".

No big loss as the information was wrong anyway.