AA S510 XS Ultimate Sporter 22 - Final Chrono tests

This discussion reminds me of a situation in which I was involved a few years back regarding the Chevrolet Corvette. The ZO6 came out with fixed caliper, 6 piston brakes, and was a unique GM part. They worked okay, but not as well as some other proven brakes, and had limited after-market pad options. After defending them several years, the next generation Corvette had Brembo brakes. People never learn, don't reinvent the wheel. I can hardly believe that one of the proven suppliers of regulators did not have one on the shelf that was 90% ready for this application. Often, money is the bottom line issue. My guess, the current dissatisfied owners would have gladly paid a bit more for a regulator that worked out of the box. I'm a bit of a cynic, and if I am being unfair to AA, my apology. They make excellent air guns, and I'm sure they will get this worked out. 

Just to throw this out there on my own experiences with FX.

1. The Streamline 22 I purchased through Utah Airguns has been flawless since Day One....zero issues.

2. The Streamline 25 I purchased through Utah Airguns had a defective regulator out of the box, which they remedied immediately by sending a replacement rifle the day after I notified them.

3. The FX Wildcat 25 Utah Airguns sent me as a replacement for the SL had the factory regulator go bad after only a couple hundred shots. I replaced it myself with a Huma and it has been excellent since.

If the new AA rifle had a known direct Huma replacement, I'd have done it already.....that is if there were as many tutorials on it as there are the Wildcat.

Being there aren't any with this new rifle....it's highly unlikely I'll be the first to try it.

I just wish AA would send me a new rifle like Utah Airguns did.....no questions asked.

Heres the same graph but cleaned up a bit..sorry about the size...I'm not exactly Microsoft Certified in this stuff..

1539262207_9546472185bbf46ff6517f8.07507720_Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.44.04 PM.png

I hope they exchange it too. Seems they would maybe want to test my rifle for themselves. Considering it is brand new and I have experienced this problem from the very first fill, I don't think an exchange for a test certified rifle is asking too much.

If it wasn't for a 20% minimum restocking fee from Pyramyd Air, I might have sent it back already asking for an exchange. And if not for a 4 to 6 week turn around time on repaits, I might have sent it in for warranty work.

Huma did tell me that his regulator would go right into my rifle. Though I don't know if the manometer would still be functional. However that wouldn't be a deal breaker for a Huma being in can just fill to 220 bar knowing I will get 60 good shots .

Hi Bob,

I wanted to provide clarification, the 20% restocking fee does not apply to defective items. Have you talked to anyone from our customer service team? We are always happy to replace defective guns. 

Eric Wilson
Director of Customer Experience - Pyramyd Air

Reactions: Glem.Chally
PA needs to "man" up and help you solve this issue. It's part of being a distributor. ( my opinion) They should pull another "XS" fill it, shoot it, Chrony it and see if they are getting better results. Maybe they have already done this and are not? 

Bob, is not the average back yard hunter..

Pyramyd Air is always eager to take responsibility for products we sell, everyone on our customer service team is empowered to exchange defective guns at no cost to our customer, we will even provide shipping labels.

I do want to clarify that we are not the distributor, we are a retailer. Air Venturi is the exclusive importer for Air Arms in the United States. 

Eric Wilson

I hope they exchange it too. Seems they would maybe want to test my rifle for themselves. Considering it is brand new and I have experienced this problem from the very first fill, I don't think an exchange for a test certified rifle is asking too much.

If it wasn't for a 20% minimum restocking fee from Pyramyd Air, I might have sent it back already asking for an exchange. And if not for a 4 to 6 week turn around time on repaits, I might have sent it in for warranty work.

Huma did tell me that his regulator would go right into my rifle. Though I don't know if the manometer would still be functional. However that wouldn't be a deal breaker for a Huma being in can just fill to 220 bar knowing I will get 60 good shots .

Hi Bob,

I wanted to provide clarification, the 20% restocking fee does not apply to defective items. Have you talked to anyone from our customer service team? We are always happy to replace defective guns. 

Eric Wilson

Eric,

No I haven't contacted anyone from PA. I thought I was stuck with the gun due to your Refund/Exchange policy. Although mine doesn't have any blemishes, it has just over 1,000 pellets through it, so it is otherwise not in new condition. I will give PyramydAir a call.

Exchange/refund policy

• You may return any item in new condition (unused) along with its original packaging and any accessories for a full product refund within 30 days from date of receipt.
  • Please note that shipping charges are not refundable unless the item received was defective. Items which are not in the original packaging or otherwise not in new, salable condition are subject to a minimum 20 percent (20%) restocking fee.

Eric,

I just got off the phone with Customer Service. I should be receiving a label shortly and I will ship it out tomorrow in exchange for an identical rifle.

Thank you.

ADDED:

Just dropped the rifle off at UPS. PA should have it by Monday and hopefully the replacement will be sent out by the end of next week. I asked if the replacement could be sent out immediately (like Utah Airguns did for me) and was denied per their policy.

Eric,

I just got off the phone with Customer Service. I should be receiving a label shortly and I will ship it out tomorrow in exchange for an identical rifle.

Thank you.

Bob,

I'd like to ask Tyler to test your replacement before we send it to you if that's ok with you? 

Also I do apologize for how confusing our exchange / refund policy is, I'm going to update it to be more clear. 

Eric Wilson
Director of Customer Experience – Pyramyd Air

That is fine with me, Sir. 

I actually asked for a full 60 shot test from 250bar and to ship only if the results were satisfactory (whatever satisfactory is for this new model) and was told that I could get a 10 for 10 from a full fill.

A full test would be great. The rifle is so beautiful I hated to send it back.

Thank you!

Great, I'll have your rifle pulled and get it to Tyler so he can shoot it tomorrow, we will have it ready to ship out asap (should be ready Monday). I apologize, I was in a meeting when James talked to you so I wasn't able to approve more than the 10-for-10 at the time. Thanks for your patience! 

With regard to the policy on shipping your gun back before we send a new one, that is something I am working to address. It is unfortunately a system limitation that is forcing us to do it, and we are working on being able to ship first in the future for these situations. I'm new to this role at Pyramyd (started in July) so bear with me while I identify and work through some of these things that we could be doing better for you guys (and gals)!

Eric Wilson

Great, I'll have your rifle pulled and get it to Tyler so he can shoot it tomorrow, we will have it ready to ship out asap (should be ready Monday). I apologize, I was in a meeting when James talked to you so I wasn't able to approve more than the 10-for-10 at the time. Thanks for your patience! 

With regard to the policy on shipping your gun back before we send a new one, that is something I am working to address. It is unfortunately a system limitation that is forcing us to do it, and we are working on being able to ship first in the future for these situations. I'm new to this role at Pyramyd (started in July) so bear with me while I identify and work through some of these things that we could be doing better for you guys (and gals)!

Eric Wilson

Well, sounds like PA picked the right person to be Director of CE!

I fully understand not shipping a replacement before you get the defective one back, it would be an easy way to get burned. But I've learned that it never hurts to ask! I also know that just because one person or business handled a situation one way doesn't mean the next person will handle it the same.

Thank you Eric.

Thanks Bigdog....you too.

Bob your are a nice guy but not very smart. came to the wrong forum too as said. cant blame you...

I told you it just needs a tune already back then along with clear instructions what to do.

now behold it became a public relation issue and potentionally affecting sales instead. not surpriced at allthat the big guns step in too

😉 I am sure you escalated high enough happy now?

all it is it just needs a stronger hammer spring or adjusted tension.

bizarrly when your FX was exhibiting the same issue you did not return that particular gun but adjusted it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

AA should make the adjustability easier thats true. i hope they learn from this.

Thanks for highlighting the issue. And no if the swap gun has the same spring and the same reg setting- it will have the same issue.

by the way there nothing wrong with the reg apart from being set way too high for that particular spring.

take care i left this forum this forum give me all the red negatives its sucks i can tell you

bye

PS: i am not staying long enough lucky for those - i would have to give many - negative feedbacks to all the guys who just bullpoopted you on this forum again and again over the few threads dedicated to this gun instead of helping you!

Bob your are a nice guy but not very smart. came to the wrong forum too as said. cant blame you...

I told you it just needs a tune already back then along with clear instructions what to do.

now behold it became a public relation issue and potentionally affecting sales instead. not surpriced at allthat the big guns step in too

1f609.svg
I am sure you escalated high enough happy now?

all it is it just needs a stronger hammer spring or adjusted tension.

bizarrly when your FX was exhibiting the same issue you did not return that particular gun but adjusted it.
1f926-1f3fb-200d-2642-fe0f.svg

AA should make the adjustability easier thats true. i hope they learn from this.

Thanks for highlighting the issue. And no if the swap gun has the same spring and the same reg setting- it will have the same issue.

by the way there nothing wrong with the reg apart from being set way too high for that particular spring.

take care i left this forum this forum give me all the red negatives its sucks i can tell you

bye

PS: i am not staying long enough lucky for those - i would have to give many - negative feedbacks to all the guys who just bullpoopted you on this forum again and again over the few threads dedicated to this gun instead of helping you!

Seriously?

The way I see it is everyone but one person helped......that's the way this forum is, the overwhelming majority helping if they can.

Bob you never listened, i told you to start by contacting the shop etc, plus told you to get to the hammer spring, plus pointed you to your own data shotstring of the wildcat which had EXACTLY the same behaviour when it was unbalanced. you fixed it accidentally purely as it seems. you walked by all this then you go to regional level and escalating it. come on man.

you ask for help but then you dont take advice. poor very poor

now just pray the one you get has a good barrel, your original just needed minor tweaking

Bob you never listened, i told you to start by contacting the shop etc, plus told you to get to the hammer spring, plus pointed you to your own data shotstring of the wildcat which had EXACTLY the same behaviour when it was unbalanced. you fixed it accidentally purely as it seems. you walked by all this then you go to regional level and escalating it. come on man.

Are you kidding me!!!!

This is a $1500 rifle that's supposed to be a tuned and regulated gun from the factory and your going to bash Bob? Think you should go have another bourbon with your buddies on the other forum!

I thought you left !!!!!!

James from Michigan,