AA S510 XS Ultimate Sporter 22 - Final Chrono tests

1539082099_15443494485bbc87739b36b7.20125452_Screenshot_2018-10-09-06-46-50.png

That certainly clears the confusion about who is making the regs. I must have been confusing the review I saw with the new Daystate. It doesn't however, help Bob with his problems. I suspect that if you fill to the recommended max of 250 Bar and refill at 150, you will probably get the claimed 60 shots but your ES will be even worse than for the lower fill pressure that is working for you now.

Hi bob

You did a lot of good testing

I am with dairyboy and also my own test results, you shouldn't have a bell curve with a reg

If the pfs of the first few shots on a fill increase then level off then decrease its sounds to me like they

Did not get regs installed in these rifles

If these guns do have regs this is the 2nd gun that performs exactly the same way

Us airgunners pay a lot of money for these higher end guns and should not except this kind of performance

Hi Bob, Air Arms reached out to me & they want you to do some other tests. I'm gonna put you in touch with one of their engineers.

Cheers

Thanks Michael.

I have been exchanging emails with Alan from Air Arms. I just sent him the chart from the specific test he asked for. Here is that exact chart, which he wanted from a 250bar fill down to 150bar. If anyone goes back through all the charts I posted in the other thread, you'll see that the performance of my rifle has not gotten any better over 1,000 pellets.

I'll be sure to post how this all turns out.

1539170820_9042051525bbde204b77c04.82563941_Screenshot_20181009-235309.png

I hope they exchange it too. Seems they would maybe want to test my rifle for themselves. Considering it is brand new and I have experienced this problem from the very first fill, I don't think an exchange for a test certified rifle is asking too much.

If it wasn't for a 20% minimum restocking fee from Pyramyd Air, I might have sent it back already asking for an exchange. And if not for a 4 to 6 week turn around time on repaits, I might have sent it in for warranty work.

Huma did tell me that his regulator would go right into my rifle. Though I don't know if the manometer would still be functional. However that wouldn't be a deal breaker for a Huma being in can just fill to 220 bar knowing I will get 60 good shots .

I won't have time today to do the 250 to 150bar fill today as I'll be working into the evening.  I should get 60 shots easy but from 250bar the ES will be very high, as I already did a full string from 250 to 125 and you can see the ES for the first 60 shots is bad.

Even if you remove shot #36 from my latest chart....ES would still be very high at 74.

" PA needs to "man" up and help you solve this issue. It's part of being a distributor. ( my opinion) They should pull another "XS" fill it, shoot it, Chrony it and see if they are getting better results. Maybe they have already done this and are not? "

PA does not show this item as in stock, pre-order only, might well be they are looking into it. It mat be a few years back they handled a top shelf springer line that had a major defect in one batch and it was dealt with well and so fast very few ever heard of the issue. I think they'll get it worked out and I think it's good someone with experience and a chrony and common se posted a throu review before a bunch got out there.

I'd wager a buck AA/PA gets it worked out asap.

John