• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AA S510 XS - Chrono tests

milacik

Guys why are you posting here should have gone to airarmsownersclub technical section first first, this here is predominantly FX site.You will find expertise there, If that makes sense.your gun just needs a tune, with some other makes it seems perfectly normal.
1f61d.svg
I would talk to your shop/dealer first then escalate gradually if no luck

Ha! Well I suppose Bob, Bigdog12 and I should find some humor in that but it’s a bit tough. Bob as seems his usual, takes the high road with his great tongue and cheek humor about his “other gun”. I guess I didn’t realize this was an FX site. I just assumed it was a place to ask question about air guns and learn. Like Bob I do appreciate the lead on the Air Arms Tech site 

The essence of our frustration lies in an excerpt from an earlier of Bobs post,

... there's nothing I can do to fix it as far as I'm aware and I do not want to send it in to to get checked over just to have it sent back telling me it's fine.

So I will keep close tabs on its performance and if it starts to deteriorate I will not hesitate to contact Pyramyd Air or air arms about it. Until then I'm just going to enjoy the rifle

Gotta love that closing line. However I may be following Biggdog 12’s suit and mine's still in the box. This kind of money came very hard to me and I expected much more from an Air Arms rifle given their reputation. In fact one of the primary reasons I purchased an XS was because it was factory regulated and that I wouldn’t have to have it tuned. 

I guess I don’t understand reinventing the wheel when licensing the use of a regulator such as a Huma has been done by other companies. Who knows I may get home, open the box and fall totally in love with the look and feel, then it get really tough...As a marksman putting a round outside the previous hole doesn’t mean much, but as a hunter, putting a round in the gut vs a clean kill means a lot. 

Guess I’ll head over to the Air Arms Owners Club tech section and see what the word is there as well. Again I appreciate the lead. 

Hey Bob, sorry to here your having issues with the AA. I owned a S510 carbine that I regulated myself. Took a little effort playing with lighter hammer weights by mechanically reducing the weight of the hammer. I installed a HUMA after trying a Lane and I had great results. I have no idea if your gun has a Huma, Lane or a AA manufactured regulator but it looks like you're regulator is not working at all. I was just looking at some strings that it shot and with 15.89's it would shoot 35 shots on the regulator from 901 to 910 with a 905 average with another 4 off the regulator that took the velocity down to 883. I tried posting some of the strings but keep getting an error message. I could email you them though if your interested.

Jimmy

I just sent my gun back for a refund,I marked it as defective regulator which gave accuracy problems they gave me a return label so off it goes.the question is, i think its defective but i guess its up to them since i opened and shot the gun which you have to do to test it . but now its going to be in there hands and i may be subject to a 20 percent restocking fee this could cost me about 350 dollars with shipping expenses and i have nothing to show for a defective gun.bob i didnt mean to hijack your thread just wanted to add my issues

Hijack? No way. A client returning a respected manufacturers' highly touted and anticipated product so quickly because of what may be representative of the product's performance should speak volumes to Air Arms...and Pyramyd Air for that matter. I mean we're not talking return for repair we're talking flat out refund. Not a confidence builder in the specialty market's eyes at all.

Thanks everyone!

:)

Nice mark!!

I only got to hunt crows once this summer. Unfortunately the farms where I shot crows last year, the farmer rotated the growing to some different fields where I couldn't shoot. So that's definitely a bummer as I was looking forward to pounding them hard this year. 

Bob O , please keep us up to speed on your AA XS. I owe a couple air arms rifles and I am very interested in the content that you are putting out ..

For sure I'll keep updating the thread. I'm working on an accuracy video right now. I don't know if I'll get it done tonight though. I'll try but it was a super long day at work and I can feel myself fading already. If I can't get it done tonight I'll finish it tomorrow for sure.