• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AA S510 XS - Chrono tests

Your first 10 shots are still starting low and climbing. An educated guess suggests that you might have a creeping reg or perhaps a slight leak between the main tube and the plenum. The higher pressure at the start of the string will cause the lower fps. If the reg was working properly, you wouldn't get that rise when shooting a nearly full tube. The first two shots in each string are marginally lower so perhaps there is a little bit of creep going on.

Hate to hear that Bd.. 

I would think someone from AirArms would monitor this site and PM you both and manage these problems.. 

I know if I managed that company I would take care of this B4 this gets out and leaves a "ES" of BS / taste in your widely viewed mouths / crop.. And yes, pun intended.

Mark, As much as I'm more than a bit nervous about how my own .22 is going to perform, I have to concur and also double down on Bob-O's response which if I interpret that correctly is "LMAO!"

Bob, Maybe you should have kept the Wildcat.

Due to a missing 3 weeks of work as well as a death in my family I was forced to sell the Wildcat in order to make ends meet as well as pay for my daughter to travel for the funeral. I could not afford for my whole family to go but at least she was able to. She and my nephew were very close cousins.

The Wildcat was an excellent performer and to this day still is as I have been in touch with its new owner on a regular basis so I know this for a fact. While I do miss it especially since I it was in such a nice state of tune and all the great experiences I had with, I don't miss the Bullpup design because it just was not natural for me to shoot.

As I said before I am not upset with this rifle in fact I love it. I'm headed to the local permissions right now and will hopefully see some pigeons before it gets dark. I have over 800 pellets through this rifle mostly over the chronograph. I will make do with its level of performance, because there's nothing I can do to fix it as far as I'm aware and I do not want to send it in to to get checked over just to have it sent back telling me it's fine.

So I will keep close tabs on its performance and if it starts to deteriorate I will not hesitate to contact Pyramyd Air or air arms about it. Until then I'm just going to enjoy the rifle and shoot it as much as I am able to. Presently I'm just happy to know at what starting fill pressure I can get 60 fairly consistent shots from.

Bob, sorry to hear about the death in the family. Thoughts and prayer for you and your family.

I would like to know how the new rifle feels and sounds. I have a S410 and it's "sounds" pretty pretty good. I do wish I could put a Hugget on it.. It only has baffles and no way to add a LCD.. 

Ted mentioned "sounds" in one of his videos.. I have an older FX trantula and I just don't shoot it because of the high pitched bark it has when I shoot it.. just a persoanl thing.. But it would interesting on how the "XS" sounds. 

So sorry about the death in the family. I had all kind of plans to attend the Ohio air gun show. Then 2 days before the show my uncle, 85 years young dropped over dead painting his bedroom. Something like this you have to put family first.

I just love my .25 Wildcat compact, it is light out at 60 yards. have not shot it at any longer distance. I have been keeping a close watch on the thread cause I wand another .22 but I an not sure if I wand another wildcat, another daystate or a air arms like you have. what ever I buy it will be regulated. I am in not hurry,

This is why i am returning the gun,if your just paper punching for groups then it might be ok.but if your going hunting the poi is going to change with a spread of 40 fps it just isnt going to work for me

This is the first regulator air arms has put in a gun i believe they got it wrong

I sent an email to Air Arms this morning directing them to this thread, unfortunately the Exports Manager, Sheila Cooper, is out of the office (rcv'd an automated response) so I forwarded the email to the person she indicated for assistance. I was respectful, identified AGN and the experienced people contributing to this post as just that, experienced and well versed in regulated air guns. I'm definitely not counting myself as having any of those technical qualities, but I did buy one based on the substantial merits of AA as a reputable firm. I seriously hope Shelia's counterpart forwards the email to their engineering and support staff if not Claire herself. The next email is to Corey at Pyramyd to forward to their support and techs as they are, if I recall correctly, Air Arms authorized service center. We shall see what transpires. 

BDX made this out of the numbers in my Chrono chart. You wouldn't guess it was a regulated model looking at that curve. There are eight small groups of shots that are nice and tight, separated by some shots where the velocity semmed to dip and then climb.

1538734800_11384238045bb73ad08b3cc4.70425788_Screenshot_20181005-061750.png