• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AA S510 .25 what pellet?

I've tuned my Altaros regulated AA S510 .25 to shoot the H&N Field Target Trophy at about 900fps (about 36fpe). The groups aren't as tight as I think I should be getting, and occasional pellets are fliers or fall low. I'm thinking I should up the power a bit and shoot a little slower with a heavier pellet.

The way so many of the skirts are dented and seem to be different diameters when loading, I think sizing might help the flyers/low shots.

What pellet and power are you guys with this gun and caliber using? If you size, what diameter and what tool are you using?

I'm sure this must've been discussed before, but any attempt I make at searching the forum yields 500 pages of results.

Thanks for your advice.

Michael McKeown

I've had good luck with both the AA Diabolo Field 25.4 grains, and the H&N Baracuda Greens 19.91 grains. The geometry of the Diabolo Fields seems to make their skirts less prone to damage. The Baracuda Greens are of course the most uniform pellets you'll find, owning to the relative inflexibility of the metals used. And 19.91 gns isn't bad for a lead-free pellet. GTO predators (lead free) are also good at 16.5 grains.

Thanks for the responses. I will keep monitoring the thread in case there are more, but I didn't want too long to go by without thanking you who have answered so far. Pyramyd is going to be very grateful to you guys when they see my next pellet order, but they're out of some of these right now. Making me think about getting set up to pour my own with an NOE mold.

M.