• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AA S500 Lane regulator install

Hi There

I have A S500 XS Regulated rifle used for Field Target, I bought a replacement regulator from Lane in a bit to improve air efficiency and es, question is..... Lane sent me the regulator set at 120 bar, the AA regulator that came out of the rifle was marked 150 with a sharpie, im wondering to i need to re adjust the lane reg to 150 or start at 120 and tune from there?

Thank you for any help

Hi There

I have A S500 XS Regulated rifle used for Field Target, I bought a replacement regulator from Lane in a bit to improve air efficiency and es, question is..... Lane sent me the regulator set at 120 bar, the AA regulator that came out of the rifle was marked 150 with a sharpie, im wondering to i need to re adjust the lane reg to 150 or start at 120 and tune from there?

Thank you for any help
I thought AA put huma regs in the regulated models? If they do I doubt you will get better performance with the lane.

Reactions: Hammer
What power level are you planning to run? What caliber? 150 seems a bit high for a 30 fpe tune if you have a .22 or .177. Also if you are trying to run a lower power tune with the reg set at 150 that would cause the inconsistency from being to far down the knee.
Im running sub 20 fpe for hunter field target, i have the transfer port set at power level 3 with 13.4 grain heavies traveling around 805fps, shooting very nicely but when i fill the gun to the recommended 250 bar i get some fluctuations in fps until the pressure gets to around 220 bar, problem is if i only fill to 220bar, the reg falls off at 150 bar, that only leaves me with 70bar to complete an FT sight in, plus a 60 plus shot FT match, i thought if the lane reg was set at 120 bar it might help with air consumption and i could only fill to 220bar

Since its an in house reg I would switch it. 150 bar seems pretty high for that power level. I have a huma in my S510 .22 that I installed before they offered regulated models. I have the carbine so its a short barrel and I have the reg set around 125 bar for 30 fpe. I also have mods I did to the hammer reducing its weight cause it was way to heavy after regulating it. I think my reg was set around 90 bar for 18 fpe from my rifle.