• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms AA Prosport owners…

Reading this post and talking with Thomas I just bought a walnut refurb from pryamyd air for 699. shipped / black Friday coupon was not excepted
wish they had .20 but .177 on this works for me
You got a good deal on that for sure. I bought the last new walnut they had in stock. I didn’t even think about the refurb models…lol.

This is my current set up, I have a custom made 5” side wheel that was made for the Tract Toric I had, sold that scope but kept the side wheel..lol.
I decided to mount it on my Athlon Midas Tac, so I had to machine a reducer out of black delrin and drill and tap it. I can leave this reducer mounted to the scope and remove the side wheel if necessary. I put four drill point divets in the reducer for the side wheel set screws to locate in and repeat if removed and replaced.
IMG_6594.jpeg

I’m finding that this Midas Tac’s numbers on the parallax wheel are pretty much spot on, and that’s not usually the case with a lot of scopes.
IMG_6593.jpeg

I added a scope level and home made pointer. Now I have to do all the range marks on the side wheel when I have time.
IMG_6595.jpeg

I’m looking forward to trying this rig out on my field targets when I get it all dialed in. So far it’s shooting very well with what testing I’ve done and I’m getting used to the cocking and loading sequence.

A+ for looks. There’s a Pro Sport .22 with Vortek spring ininstalled. I’m so tempted, one of my favorites to shoot. Smoked a lot of tree rats. Just a little restricted loading. Going to shoot tomorrow to decide. Can’t go wrong with a Pro Sport. Treat to work on as well. Crow
Especially if you can get it at a good deal. I didn’t get a good deal…lol.

Reactions: crowski
Somebody scored the Pro Sport, it was a decent buy. I already have 2, one in each cal. If I didn’t have springs and stocks to buy, I would have jumped it.
I’m not familiar with those scopes, Sweet job on wheel.
Now just looking at your scope over the breach. My only downfall of the PS is loading, just a little restricted.
Does your scope not interfere with loading?
Crow

Somebody scored the Pro Sport, it was a decent buy. I already have 2, one in each cal. If I didn’t have springs and stocks to buy, I would have jumped it.
I’m not familiar with those scopes, Sweet job on wheel.
Now just looking at your scope over the breach. My only downfall of the PS is loading, just a little restricted.
Does your scope not interfere with loading?
Crow
Actually this scope is higher than I usually mount them and no problem for me loading. The prosport is harder than the 97K because you can’t see what you’re doing, so it’s all by feel. But I’m getting used to it now. In the past I used to mount my scopes as low as possible on the 97K/77K and could still load, no problem. Now I’m using the pic rail that’s already .590 high before adding the rings, which I use the low rings. And I’m liking the little extra height, I think it’s helping me on my long shots. I can load the 97K in the dark, blind folded…lol, the prosport isn’t quite as fast, but I’m getting it.

Have you weighed any? The ones I weighed were pretty close although I didn’t check very many.
My prosport was doing about 890fps with them before I took it apart.I’m going to chrony tonight to check it post tune numbers.
I weighed 10 pellets and got 8.95gr average. They give really low St dev over the chrono

Reactions: bustachip
So I guess they are heavier than advertised. I will weigh some of mine when I get the time. The ones I have say 8.48 on the tins.
I bought a number of tins of the QYS 8.48’s. It was about a 50/50 split. Some tins were weighing out at 9 grains and others were in the 8.48. Consistent within the tin but clearly some were 9gr.

Reactions: bustachip
Just a little finishing touch while I have my stock off from oil finishing, and it's in the drying process. The 4 stock screws that hold the action in don't look very good to my eye. So I faced a couple thou off to remove the letters and then polished them...
IMG_6755.jpeg

Next I applied 5 or 6 coats of cold blue, buffing between coats with steel wool, then a coat of oil
to sit until I need them.
IMG_6758.jpeg

I think these will look better to me on the fresh oil finished stock.
✌🏻

I've been shooting my PS and TX200HC offhand a few days a week at the indoor club.Accurcy is equal but I'm finding I prefer the TX cocking lever mechanics better than the PS.
Same here with the 97K, cocking so much easier. But the Prosport has my attention at the moment
and I've got the cocking down now, so it's not much of an issue anymore.

Any left handers ? how is pellet loading as a lefty ?
Haven't seen any new left hand versions, there may be, but I haven't seen them. Mine is right handed. With the loading gate open on the right side only, it's not as easy to load as the 97K, but I have adapted and can load no problem now. It would be more movements for a left hand load for sure.

Reactions: beerthief
Just a little finishing touch while I have my stock off from oil finishing, and it's in the drying process. The 4 stock screws that hold the action in don't look very good to my eye. So I faced a couple thou off to remove the letters and then polished them...
View attachment 429235
Next I applied 5 or 6 coats of cold blue, buffing between coats with steel wool, then a coat of oil
to sit until I need them.
View attachment 429236
I think these will look better to me on the fresh oil finished stock.
✌🏻
I like what you did! I have a TX200 tuned by Jan Kraner (early '08, wish he was still tuning!) and he used a brass cup and blued domed screws. I think I will try what you have done on my other TX's.