A YouTube Rant (Worst things about Airgun videos)

Trying to sell me accessories to improve consistency and accuracy but it does not perform as demonstrated and that I do not need.

These airgun channels are like toothpaste companies promising whiter teeth with each new toothpaste version released. Heck by now everyone on earth should have pearly white teeth.

IMG_6747.jpeg

IMG_6748.jpeg

Anything that reeks of infomercial, which unfortunately tags most of the well known entities.

Any content producer that hasn't spent significant time with the product they're reviewing. "Significant" is subjective of course, but I want them to use it long enough, and in enough environments, for it to show all its warts. Sneak peeks, etc. are fine as long as it isn't being passed off as a review.

Down to four as of now- you, MountainSport Airguns, Airgun Supremacy, and SG. Will sometimes watch these even if not interested in buying the item(s) being discussed, because I like the guys.

Anything that reeks of infomercial, which unfortunately tags most of the well known entities.

Any content producer that hasn't spent significant time with the product they're reviewing. "Significant" is subjective of course, but I want them to use it long enough, and in enough environments, for it to show all its warts. Sneak peeks, etc. are fine as long as it isn't being passed off as a review.

Down to four as of now- you, MountainSport Airguns, Airgun Supremacy, and SG. Will sometimes watch these even if not interested in buying the item(s) being discussed, because I like the guys.
Dana is definitely top notch. I am to make 1% of his quality and still fail 😂

I've unsubscribed from a few lately, nothing more than advert channels dressed up with a few shots and some cleverly taken camera work, another who has a hunting channel, when it's illegal to hunt in that country with air rifles, again dodgy, even for a subscriber.
Lately, who and what do you trust 🤔.
I think trust no one. Just like with other kinds of content, be it a news channel or anything else, think critically.

I think trust no one. Just like with other kinds of content, be it a news channel or anything else, think critically.
The sad thing is, people you know become tubers, get a few subscribers, borrow kit of mates, me included, then a few months later try to flog me gear some sponsor gave them to test. Crazy world 🤣.
I'm no longer critical. Immune or brain dead from modern sales tactics is probably more appropriate.😉

I have to watch something while I play Farming Sim 22! But I agree, most of it is pushing sales. I like FX, and I want a particular model that fits my need, but they push really hard with content creators when they have new models. It makes me feel OG for having an FX Royale 400 back in 2011. Loved that walnut stock.

If you watch Edgun Leishy channel you can tell when he went from enthusiast for Edgun, to ambassador. I still respect his contribution to the industry, but keep in mind that can be done with many rifles.

Reactions: Deleted 45061
The sad thing is, people you know become tubers, get a few subscribers, borrow kit of mates, me included, then a few months later try to flog me gear some sponsor gave them to test. Crazy world 🤣.
I'm no longer critical. Immune or brain dead from modern sales tactics is probably more appropriate.😉
I was trying to decipher what you wrote. I think maybe your keyboard jumped.

I have to watch something while I play Farming Sim 22! But I agree, most of it is pushing sales. I like FX, and I want a particular model that fits my need, but they push really hard with content creators when they have new models. It makes me feel OG for having an FX Royale 400 back in 2011. Loved that walnut stock.

If you watch Edgun Leishy channel you can tell when he went from enthusiast for Edgun, to ambassador. I still respect his contribution to the industry, but keep in mind that can be done with many rifles.
He has great content. Entertaining and to the point.