A Wonderful Saturday

Finally got some nice weather so loaded up the toys to head to the range. Had the AR, the Armada, the M&P 15-22, and my favorite the Maverick. When I get to the range some other members were finishing up a pistol shoot so had to wait them out. About an hour later finally got to set up my 50yd targets and get settled down with the Mav. Get some sighters out and made the adjustments and was shooting decent. About 10 targets in I decided to set up the chrono to show a couple of club members my chrony setup and the velocity the Mav puts out. (Evil foreshadowing) Shoot another 10 rounds and my velocity starts to drop off. Check my regs and still good for air. Odd, but I shrug and send a few more rounds. By this time I am down from 940fps to 810, what the ^%$#. Swap mags, refill and send a few more.....now I am down to 720. Whelp that's that for the Mav. Proceed to have a blast with the other guns pinging steel from 25y to 100 with the Armada and the M&P, and plunking at the KYL target out at 400yd with the AR.

Fast forward a few hours to the workbench and troubleshooting. Having just upgraded from the 500 to 600mm barrel, first step is pulling and disassembly of the entire barrel system looking for debris or something else that is restricting airflow to the barrel. Don't find anything but give it all a good cleaning, run some patches down the barrel since I have about 250rds down it now, and back to the bench. First shot and I can tell it still isn't shooting right as it doesn't sound right. Run a mag through just to be sure, but there is no consistancy and speeds are still way down. Check the power wheel in all positions and nothing, no change.

Back to the bench and more teardown. Remove the buttstock, remove the power wheel (carefully keeping that itty bitty ball bearing from running away), pull the hammer and spring, and pull the probe. At first glance everything appears fine, a little dirty but nothing that looks like it is blocking the transfer ports or anything. WTH. And then, I look at the hammer spring cap/holder (however you want to name it) and something doesn't look right. Lo and behold my hammer spring adjustment screw has managed to work its way all the way in to flush. I give it a little spin and it turns as smooth as butter. Well Damn. Of course I am out of Loctite, so off to the store I go. Get some blue and head home. A drip or so, set the screw to 5mm and now it gets to sit so it can set up. What a day.

TLDR: Beautiful day to shoot, head to the range and show the gun to the powder burners and it decides to malfunction. Get it home, troubleshoot, and find hammer spring screw has worked its way all the way back in.