• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A while back there was a shortage of JSB .25's. My Confession:

Holy Crap!!! and I thought I was a hoarder. I have about half that many pellets in .25 JSB's. I switched out my .25cal barrel in my TalonP to a .22 cal recently. I have been hunting Eurasian collared dove at a local dairy farm. The 22 cal is more than enough for those birds. Eventually will switch back when going after the pigeons. I've recently been using the crossman premier hollow points .22 cal in my TalonP and they seem to be accurate. Walmart has been selling them for $ 9.65 for 500 ct so been stocking up on those as of lately.

Wow now I don't feel so bad I have almost pile that high but it's four differant calibers I get nervous california is goin 100% lead free I don't know if that means u just can't hunt with it or if and when we won't be able to buy them so I been stock piling for a good cause of that's my excuse to my wife anyway 
ted I have question what's the best scope can set up under 500 best camera. And mount plZ too many options and don't want to have to play the game order only to find a problem send back trial and error my scope is a hawk sidewinder 4x16x50 hk4009 pro reticle 

LOL at all you guys (and way to site precedent Mike)... I shoot around 1000 pellets per week of various calibers. What you are were looking at represents approximately two more years of 25 caliber shooting. The original pile was approximately 30% larger.
My reasoning for such A ridiculous cache dates back to last summer when I achieved the following 10 shot group at 50 yards. Of course, I have not replicated this group since that day. But, that kind of potential cannot be ignored. So, I made a point to acquire every can of pellets I could with that particular sticker.

"Ted"LOL at all you guys (and way to site precedent Mike)... I shoot around 1000 pellets per week of various calibers. What you are were looking at represents approximately two years of 25 caliber shooting. My reasoning for such A ridiculous cache dates back to last summer when I achieved the following 10 shot group at 50 yards. Of course, I have not replicated this group since that day. But, that kind of potential cannot be ignored. So, I made a point to acquire every can of pellets I could with that particular sticker.

I have heard of a lot of people who covet a certain sticker on the tin. Now that you have tested it, do you still think it makes a difference? Or as long as you get the same head size sticker it won't make much difference with regards to the batch or die? 

Out of interest did you get a better deal for buying that many in 1 go? 

"Ben10"
I have heard of a lot of people who covet a certain sticker on the tin. Now that you have tested it, do you still think it makes a difference? Or as long as you get the same head size sticker it won't make much difference with regards to the batch or die? 

Here's the thing, for about three years there was a lot of discussion of "good" and "bad" lots of JSB .22 pellets. And, I have to concur that the lot made a big difference. This is not to say that any lot was better than the other; only that certain lots (stickers) did MUCH better with certain barrels. So, when I saw the .25's perform like they did, I kicked into "hoarder mode" and bought up all I could.
BUT, this was not needed. Because in my experience, all of the .25's have been lights-out regardless of year, batch, lot, etc. It was just a knee-jerk reaction to the way things used to be. But, I really don't think it matters. They are all great. And, for that matter, the .22's have been much more consistent, too. I have tins from many lots and vendors, and they all are doing equally well.

Reactions: Bradyman1
"Ted"The guilt has been eating me alive.
It was all my fault!!!
Please find it in your heart to forgive me. :)

LOL! I know they're probably on top of a cabinet or something but, if you look real fast it looks like you stacked them to the ceiling!
LOL! :) All you've got to do now is wash, dry, weigh, sort, and roll all 42,000 pellets! Get started! 
Thanks for giving us your take on the current .25 quality being produced. 
I'm curious, Since JSB stopped putting a ring of tape on the tins, are you at all concerned about the pellets getting oxidized over time?

I should hit 10K in .22 and .25 with my next (small) order. ;)

Once you find the pellet that your rifle likes the most, BUY IT and then BUY IT SOME MORE! 

"Ted"
"Ben10"

Here's the thing, for about three years there was a lot of discussion of "good" and "bad" lots of JSB .22 pellets. And, I have to concur that the lot made a big difference. This is not to say that any lot was better than the other; only that certain lots (stickers) did MUCH better with certain barrels. So, when I saw the .25's perform like they did, I kicked into "hoarder mode" and bought up all I could.
BUT, this was not needed. Because in my experience, all of the .25's have been lights-out regardless of year, batch, lot, etc. It was just a knee-jerk reaction to the way things used to be. But, I really don't think it matters. They are all great. And, for that matter, the .22's have been much more consistent, too. I have tins from many lots and vendors, and they all are doing equally well.
Thanks Ted, I haddnt noticed that much difference myself but unfortunately in the UK the 18.1 are very hard to come by and I have only found 1 place selling them so far. Luckily they don't get through them fast at all so I can order in stacks of 10 tins and still get the same batch a few weeks or months later.