A warning for Leshiy owners (Graphic)

Dear all,

I am sad to report I recently shot myself through my finger with the Leshiy as well.

Please see pictures:

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

I was EXTREMELY lucky!!! No bones, nerves or arteries were hit!
In fact the would is healing surprisingly fast. Even to the astounding of my doctors. 

But no excuses. My stupid mistake entirely! It only takes one second in lapse of concentration and awareness...

I hope the other "patients" are as fortunate as I am!

Please may we all learn from my stupidity.

Hans

Eric.GHans,
Glad to hear you didn't do any permanent damage. I had my 6 week post surgery follow up appointment today and my bones are still not healing. The doctors giving it one more week and then we're going to have to come up with a new plan if things haven't improved. Stay safe.

I hope things look up better for you as well hope your next visit has better news

This is so very graphic, a bit off topic as to how the injury occurred but can shed some light as to recovery time. Last spring my fingertip touched a moving table saw blade on the nail side. This is the wound a day later:

There was just enough solid bone north of the joint to keep the tendons partially attached. The rest was gone or shattered. 2/3 of the nail bed regenerated so it looks kinda normal now. I still don't have full feeling in the tip and it goes numb long before the others in cold weather. It hasn't been a full year yet but these things take time and determination to overcome.

There will always be a certain amount of pain involved in the future. It doesn't have to be overwhelming if you are willing to do what is necessary to deal with it.

You could probably fit a regular quad-rail handguard on a Leshiy as the air cylinder is at the back. 

I don't know exactly what the dimensions of the shroud are but it doesn't look so big in photos that you wouldn't be able to find a quadrail with a large enough internal diameter to fit.

You just want to extend the length enough so your fingers wouldn't reach by accident in a normal holding position. 

If not a quad rail then maybe a shroud extension or LDC 

It's a good fact to remember that air gun accidents can happen to anyone, even if you are fairly careful. I am lucky that my accidents have only cost me in money so far and nothing worse. 

I had a faulty airgun fire a pellet unexpectedly when I pulled the side lever back a while ago. I was lucky the pellet only ended up in the wall instead of my foot...

zebraYou could probably fit a regular quad-rail handguard on a Leshiy as the air cylinder is at the back. 

I don't know exactly what the dimensions of the shroud are but it doesn't look so big in photos that you wouldn't be able to find a quadrail with a large enough internal diameter to fit.

You just want to extend the length enough so your fingers wouldn't reach by accident in a normal holding position. 

If not a quad rail then maybe a shroud extension or LDC 

It's a good fact to remember that air gun accidents can happen to anyone, even if you are fairly careful. I am lucky that my accidents have only cost me in money so far and nothing worse. 

I had a faulty airgun fire a pellet unexpectedly when I pulled the side lever back a while ago. I was lucky the pellet only ended up in the wall instead of my foot...

I am terrified every time I decock my Texan, or my bulldog for that matter.
I refuse to load it into my truck locked n cocked even on a short trip

Let me say what I've already said on other forum...

I say nothing NOTHING is a substitute for a proper muzzle / trigger discipline. We tend to forget that 'our' airguns are not the same as 30 years ago and .25 cal pellet at 800fps has a devastating effect on flesh & bones. Even 'low powered' 17J EU-rated airgun can do SERIOUS harm.

Anyway, there are 3 easy solutions. Still all require some degree of discipline:

1. put a small 'stop' on the bottom rail (close to trigger guard) and just make sure that back of your palm has contact with it. Or put an AR grip and just use it to grip Leshiy. Something like this:

leshiy_web_pdw-02.jpg

2. Put 350mm barrel & extender on your Leshiy. Looks great, shoots great, very cool! And safe!

leshiy_350_01_web.jpg

3. Buy a quality break barrel instead of Leshiy. At the same price you can get a super-safe and powerful HW80 with custom stock. Awesome rifle, hits hard, easy to use and looks great! And no need to buy a tank ;)

A safety warning about the soft rubbery shooting targets that are designed for power burners, The ones you can throw out on the ground in yellow, green, safety orange. I shot one of them and was surprised when I heard the sound of a ricochet as the pellet bounced of the target which was supposed to roll at impact. It was a 25.4 gr, .25 pellet at 50 ft lbs. Target was supposed to roll, barely moved. The target absorbed the energy and simply returned it to the pellet which the struck a metal drum. So I suggest not shooting these rolling colorful targets with less then enough foot pounds to really move the targets which were designed for .22 rimfire and larger cartridges. GBGUNNER

I can top that finger. Had a improperly installed metal roof give way. 9 foot fall and ended with a crushed L1 and that was no fun. Got in a hurry and paid the price. The previous owners, deceased, had the work done by some knot head who spun the screws making them nothing more than pegs that came flying out as soon as I put weight on it.