• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A very boring post

RickH

Jan 22, 2022
Yeah it’s still so hot out that I haven’t done anything any more interesting than this. I finally got my match rifle out for some practice. I don’t think I’ve even shot this gun all summer but it was still holding gas. After putting fresh CO2 in it apparently I didn’t tighten the cap properly and had a slight leak for a few seconds. After maybe 30 rounds power fell off quickly and the water started forming on the barrel and tank. I realized I had just taken the rifle from a cool inside to a warm humid outside and nothing was quite right, group size was about 5 inches. Tried again this morning after leaving it in the garage for the night. Today it shot 50 rounds into just over an inch. The match is Saturday so I guess I should load up Friday night. Anyway this is my most boring post ever.

Rick H

IMG_3241.jpeg

All I can think of is the gun itself went from a chilly side to a hot muggy out. There was a good bit of condensation forming on the gun early, I think it’s known as sweating. No telling what other small changes came up. I have a similar problem photographing weddings. Do lots of work inside a church or reception area where it’s cool and when I go outside the lens will fog. It clears after 10 minutes or so but condensation is still a problem.

Rick H.

After my decent group a few days ago I went to the match and embarrassed myself this morning. It looked like I was shooting a blunderbus it was so bad. I found it interesting that four of the five shooters down from me were young women. At least one of them didn’t look like she has her learners permit yet. Every one of them shot very well or better. Two of them placed in the top five. I continue to be impressed with these younger shooters. They’re very serious and have clearly done the work and seem to be having fun doing it. With all the foolishness that’s been going on the last couple of years it’s good to see some positive attitudes.

Rick H.