A true story about Denmark.

Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
So months ago ( 4 i think it is ) i applied for a weapons permit to get a silencer for my .177 rifle.
It have taken so long as Danish police are once again trying to implement a new computer system, and this time it seem like they are trying to make it work instead of just throwing a 500 million DKkr piece of software in the trash cam as they have done before.
This fact have pretty much ruined this season for all or very many hunters, and i assume also a lot of recreational shooters.
So a few days ago i got a MSG from the police ( TEXT MSG )
And this is how i read the TXT ( translated )

Hi Peashooter.
About your permit for a silencer.
This require a import permit first.
We can not issue a weapon permit before the silencer is imported into the country.
You can apply for a import permit at police.dk. ( which is the people i have contacted for a permit to own, but it now seem like i need a permit to import first, and then pray they will grant me the right to own / use the silencer, CUZ it could be that they will not allow that ,in which case i am out the price for the hardware i now have a illegally hardware or can not use legally at least, and that could well be a fine on top of it all )

Anyways the TXT end.
Regards ( female name & sir name ) from the police administrative center for permits,,,,, and i pretty much think that are the same people that handle import permit.

This mean i once again have to apply, and as the computer system are probably not running yet as it have only been 10 months or so since they tried to launch it, well i probably have to wait another 4 months for a import permit, then once i have the silencer i can apply for a weapon permit / use permit, and that probably also take 4 months at least.

O and BTW say i wanted to go to the states to show the guys how its done in a competition, well on my not needing permit .177 airgun, i will probably have to get a export permit none the less to take my rifle to the US,,,, and a import permit going back to Denmark.
So even if i was the competition kind of guy,,,,,, well a paper pushing guy i am not, so really i am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I dont think it is hard to figure out why i have such a low sense of national patriotism. :mad:

My question is, as a reasonable non brainwashed person. Why haven't the police just sent my application to the import people, which i am willing to bet is the same people or at worst 2 desks away it is not like it is impossible to figure out what i am trying to achieve here ?
That way i could have my import permit today, and just had to wait for the actual owning / using permit,,,,, so in theory i would be able to use my silencer legally next season.

SIGH ! :sleep:

• Wow
Reactions: SHOMER and ThomasT
Man I am sorry for your trouble! What a hassle.

The globalist's evil fingers are into everything and they love to make normal people miserable.
It's just excuse after excuse trying to wear people down.

I'm sure if you were part of their elite club you would have had all permits issued and a silencer on the way within a few days.

Reactions: SHOMER and darylm
Government pencil pushers have been the same way throughout history, throughout every nation, and political system. The majority are lazy, don’t know the requirements of their own job, and abuse their power for fun and profit. They are apathetic and waste tax money. A helpful government employee is a rare exception but they do exist, if you can find one you may get something done. Wishing you luck and patience.

-Marty

government is not an example of common sense or efficiency.
It’s the same with all governments and I believe it’s their requirement to make everything more complicated so that it takes three times longer than it should to accomplish and at least four times more expensive that it should be. It’s the only way they can justify their existence.

O and BTW say i wanted to go to the states to show the guys how its done in a competition, well on my not needing permit .177 airgun, i will probably have to get a export permit none the less to take my rifle to the US,,,, and a import permit going back to Denmark.
So even if i was the competition kind of guy,,,,,, well a paper pushing guy i am not, so really i am stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Perhaps contact an airgun store in the area where you will be going in the US. Ask them if they would be willing to "rent" you an air rifle of the make/model or at least similar type of the one you want to bring over. Offer them as a rental deposit the cost of the rifle with an agreement that they would give back the deposit when you return it minus whatever "rental" cost you agreed to. Just a thought and worth trying IMO, you would avoid a two-way export import issue as well.

Not to change the topic but to add on how dumb the “officials are in 1973 i had a vw bug and an accident that damaged the front end. Went to the state poliece barracs and showed a pic of a baja bug and asked if it would be legal in Pa. The cop said I don’t know but I’d pull it over! Later i had a garage inspector give me the pass on driving it and the only thing he made me change was to cover the stock holes in the corner of the floor where the heat came out by your feet! How can you win with such dumb people?

Peashooter!

I'm so sorry for what happened to you. 😞
And I can totally understand.... 😟

And if you ever think a European gvmnt is messed up when it comes to permitting gun stuff —
well, the gubermints of Third World countries have learned this lesson all too well from their European counterparts.

🔺 Here's a twin story to yours — with some Latin pizazz! 😄

(1) I had to buy the gun (a humble .22 hunting rifle).
(2) I had to pay for and take a psychological exam — part of the gun license
(3) I had to pay for and fill out a bunch of paperwork for the gun license
(4) My papers were LOST 😱 in some office, or simply denied for ridiculous reasons, like that I did "not demonstrate my need for a weapon for self defense" (you morons: I bought a hunting rifle, not a handgun!).

(5) Repeat steps (1) through (4).
(6) Repeat those 4 steps once more.
(7) Repeat them again.

(8) I got an accusatory letter that supposedly I had falsified some document. Slander.
This letter required the response of a lawyer, a personal letter would not have been "legal." Yupp, pay up again.

🔷 If you wonder where the gun is....
▪ The gun continues to be stored in some gubermint safe, I have never even laid eyes on it. 🤦🏻‍♂️
▪ The store will not refund me my money. 🤷‍♂️

And I have spend FAR MORE money on paperwork than the purchase price of the gun. 😖

Peashooter, I wail with you in agony over such high concentrations of stupidity at such high places of power....

Matthias

Keep them busy, be the squeaky wheel.

O i have fired back on the TXT i got, in presence of government minions it is for sure when my mouth can not be kept closed.

8 or so years ago, i captured some kids in a car with my dashcam, braking so man laws in quick succession that there would have been no problem to go and take the drivers license, today with new law you could also have taken his car. sold it on auction and so stuffer the coffers even more.
Anyway there was no response from police as i turned in my video, that only happened when i had brought media ( TV ) in.
Still i am pretty sure they then just accepted my submission, nothing have been done about it i am sure.

I would share the video, but the yourube channel i put it on have been wiped out by myself along with the accompanying G-mail account.

I hear you JungleShooter.
It is too bad the very long South-American country have turned out that way, i for sure can NOT recommend any changing country ( like Ukraine ) to model their new country after my country.
I also a bit confused the American government have so much trust in the Danish counterpart.
Ot that is i know why, we are usefull fools. For instance the boys in that black cube in Maryland USA, they have unrestricted access to all of the Danish digital infrastructure,,,,, our government have gladly given them that.
And promptly the Americans used that access to spy on pretty much all EU leaders, and i am sure they was just supposed to spy on all the plebs here.

Mind you i would rather die by the hands of some religious nutcase than i would have their protection, and religious nutcases are the one reason for all this spying,,,,,, well its the excuse at least.

With friends like that,,,, who need enemies.
And i can assure you if i was in charge that wire would be cut, CUZ you just do not do shi,,,, stuff like that.

• Wow
Reactions: SHOMER
Hehe indeed i also know 3D printing people.
If i could get access to a lathe, and some rod and pipe ALU, as a machinist / engineer i could also ( again ) whip up my own,
I could also just import one as inter EU parcels are not really checked in any way, outside of drug and explosive sniffing.
I have procured a few pocket knifes that are illegal to own in Denmark due to silly laws, and while i am doing my best to be a stand up guy, i dont do well with silly and so are inclined to just ignore that.

I could also buy here in Denmark, but what little in thei regard is on offer here are brands and not least prices i am not interested in, but that would rule out the need for a import permit as someone else already dont that for me in this case.
Also as it to be seem the order of the day is to run Denmark into the ground, well i am happy to be part of that and so generally do not shop / buy anything in country.
I just hope the next SOBs here are smarter, cuz there are potential here, it is just a matter of setting it free.

Incompetence are also very much a thing in the EU gang.

PS. The plan here are to 5 X the capacity for wind power here before 2030,,,,, the problem " so say all the operators " is the mountains of paper you have to shift to put up a few 100 wind turbines, even way out to sea which here seem to be the favorable place to put them, as people think there are plenty on dry land.
And we need to out up thousands of turbines.

In general the one hand here have no idea what the other hand are doing,,,,, i think that is a universal thing as a result of the voting masses choice.

Well i do tend to automatic want to build a little fun into posts i make, and the angry man routine practised by so many stand up comedians i just love.
I know my situation are probably not unique. but as we Danes are often very full of our self, i think it is relevant to take a step back now and then and look at the bigger picture.
And then Shakespeare's words in the play Hamlet ring true to this very day " There is something rotten in the state of Denmark "