• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Texan mod that may allow for a hybrid Regulated valve

So as I understand it one of the reasons you cannot put a regulated valve in the Texan is the bottle and valve placement. I've been brain storming this and well I think I might have the solution for a hybrid valve system that might work.

The Texan valve is actually simplicity in perfection in it's design, I have had four Texans three in .45 and now one in .308 all of them seem to peak in the power curve right at the 2800 psi tank pressure.

Now my idea is a little bit of a Frankenstein but with some smart engineering I think it would look sleek.

Instead of using one big bottle you would have three smaller tubes stacked, the top tube is your power chamber holding your optimum regulated pressure. The two tubes below that would be 4500 psi tubes feeding the power tube. This kind of set up can be encased in a fairly compact shoulder stock as your tubes would be stacked in a series and sized ie 1.1/2 inch then 2.1/2" then back down to 1.1/2" in diameter allowing for a contoured stock enclosure. 

With the two 4500 psi supply tanks and the top power chamber tank I don't think you would loose any volume and with the regulated valve and plenty of space between the reg and firing valve you should have the air volume needed for the larger caliber and weight. 

This kind of set up could offer even more benefits as it would allow for an external valve adjustment allowing for some easy fine tuning