• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

“A Tale of Two Airguns”

I own a number of PCPs and have bought from almost all the big internet companies. I just got a new PCP from Palm Beach Airguns and since it’s so very similar to my previous purchase from an unnamed internet giant that sponsors lots of Youtube content. Here it is: My new PCP is an LCS SK-19, the .25 cal version. It looks very much similar to my “Big Boy Store” gun, a sniper edition Impact Mk II with Power Plenum, 700mm barrel and a Tanto from DonnyFL. They cost nearly the same to the dollar. But, they are very different. The LCS as most people are aware, is both semi-auto as well as full auto. The magazine can’t be removed while the Impact can. The fill port and rear regulator gauge on the Impact are on the bottom and the fill port is a bit of a pain. LCS has both gauges on the side as well as the fill port. The LCS has a nicer Pic rail on the bottom that’s longer. So far they both shoot beautifully. I’ve not taken the SK-19 out more than 100yrds. Comparing the two at that distance there is a small edge to the Impact. Then there’s the huge gap the LCS has that the Impact simply can’t compete with; semi-auto and full-auto fire. Many serious airgunners have told me they think the full auto simply means the LCS is more “paint-ball than PCP.” Sorry, there is just nothing like emptying a 19 shot mag in less than 3 seconds to make you laugh and smile. One of the biggest differences for me was the purchase process. My FX airguns have all come from the “Big Guy” store in a very Mormon state. My SK-19 came from Palm Beach Airguns. At “Big Guy” I was just another internet order. Yep, I had to wait, and wait, and wait... When I tried to get an update on my orders my phone calls and emails went unanswered. They eventually completed my orders but, nothing about the process made me feel valued as a customer. I was just another nameless money dump. So, I would try different. I’ve seen many recommend PBA so when I decided I would get the SK-19 I placed the order with them. I had to wait but, that’s almost a given for any hot new product. When I checked in Joel answered every time. When it came in Joel called and told me it was shipping and when it would arrive. I felt like I was valued. I will make future purchases with Joel. Message to the “Big Guy.” You lost me as a customer with your “Ultimate Arrogance”

99FAA493-584E-4D87-AB2A-A680AA3CF748.1614880039.jpeg
673E44FE-9D7F-4444-B5BA-FBC2A87FB7F9.1614880040.jpeg
F5D08DDC-81F7-4B29-BEFE-62E9F33D814D.1614880041.jpeg
E6899807-0FA7-4561-9B3D-C5CD885228F2.1614880041.jpeg

I have found that the novelty of full-auto wears off pretty quickly (perhaps that wouldn't be the case with a 100-pellet magazine and faster cyclic rate...). No matter, the novelty of semi-auto never wears off. The SK-19 was my first semi-auto, and that's a "game changer" as someone once said. Great rifle! I was thinking about my own "Tale of Two Airguns", but this post makes me think it should be a tale of three...

Any way you slice it, you've got two nice rifles there, enjoy them both!

GsT

Right on, GeneT. If you want to go full auto, you need to go with a belt feed magazine with at least a 100-round belt. Sig-Sauer has a belt feed semi-auto, forget the name, for only $300. If they ever get a full auto with larger capacity belt, it would be fun at a heavily populated PD town, and I might get interested. A T&E mount would make it even better. To really go full auto, you need lots of high capacity belt magazines handy. I have a friend into RPD's, and his motto is "belt feds matter". Time to start a BFM movement.