• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A tale of 3 Ghosts 👻

I'm sure it's just me , but if I plunked down that $$$$ for any gun , I wouldn't want to do anything other than adjust the trigger ( by a screw or two ) & dial in (hopefully ) the power I want , test ammo & go ! I'm not down w/ polishing , drilling or stoning anything that should be tweaked from the manufacture of that caliber of fine weaponry !

Reactions: JungleShooter
I'm sure it's just me , but if I plunked down that $$$$ for any gun , I wouldn't want to do anything other than adjust the trigger ( by a screw or two ) & dial in (hopefully ) the power I want , test ammo & go ! I'm not down w/ polishing , drilling or stoning anything that should be tweaked from the manufacture of that caliber of fine weaponry !
Some folks are plenty pleased with, even preferring 1lb, 3-6ounch triggers. Others like em lighter.

Guys buy brand new Steyr rifles and immediately disassemble them into component bits to improve them. Anschutz rifles, same deal there.
I can not imagine the number of brand new Steyr rifles that were immediately sent to Alan Zasadny by their owners, entailing another $1,500 USD worth of tuning
What Derrick is doing with his new rig is not out of the norm, not even an iota, for guys who are competing for prize money, awards, BBQ sandwiches, and what have you. He is trying to squeeze every advantage, and ounce of performance that he can, out of a promising new platform.

Those guys out West are a particular bunch, but they sure do represent well when the score cards get posted.

You bringing it to Cincinnati in April?
Possibly, though a later date is more likely. Severely lacking in the accoutrements of br, having mostly used it as a tool for testing, doping, & the occasional sanity check. Simple one piece rest, etc.
An appropriate scope is another conundrum that needs resolution. Have a spare SWFA 12x that I'll use to achieve initial operational capability- it's served that role on a number of rifles because it's 100% trustworthy in holding zero, tracking, and POI shift per click. But long term, this Ghost will haunt me without more magnification (do I win Dad Joke of the Year? 🤓)
Been using those SWFA SS on everything for years, until getting a dedicated FT scope last year. That was pretty easy, had a few contenders in mind & a well timed sale price sealed the deal. Started researching candidates for the Ghost last night... and I'm still dizzy. Severe case of paralysis by analysis.

Possibly, though a later date is more likely. Severely lacking in the accoutrements of br, having mostly used it as a tool for testing, doping, & the occasional sanity check. Simple one piece rest, etc.
An appropriate scope is another conundrum that needs resolution. Have a spare SWFA 12x that I'll use to achieve initial operational capability- it's served that role on a number of rifles because it's 100% trustworthy in holding zero, tracking, and POI shift per click. But long term, this Ghost will haunt me without more magnification (do I win Dad Joke of the Year? 🤓)
Been using those SWFA SS on everything for years, until getting a dedicated FT scope last year. That was pretty easy, had a few contenders in mind & a well timed sale price sealed the deal. Started researching candidates for the Ghost last night... and I'm still dizzy. Severe case of paralysis by analysis.
I hope to see it on the firing line at some point, when you get it set up.

Reactions: wolfmangreg
Anymore update on these Ghosts report? pretty quiet lately, have any try other pellets or slugs yet.
I like to be the 4th Ghost member, but this Ghost is green and just tagging along for OJT experience.

I'm currently working with zx10wall on getting a .30 cal. About to be on board real soon.

I'm currently working with zx10wall on getting a .30 cal. About to be on board real soon.
Good choice! A stock .30 Ghost just won the TexTreme FT GP event last weekend. @pesty3782 Tony P shot that .30 Ghost he calls Specter, and pretty much smoked the field. FYI, a .30 Delta Wolf shot by Derrick W @zx10wall finished 2nd. No FX made the top 5.

I'd have a very hard time deciding between a .30 BRK Ghost and a .30 Kalibrgun Cricket TAC. Both are super accurate and reliable. Good thing you can buy either one from Derrick's Tenacious Airguns...

Last edited:
Good choice! A stock .30 Ghost just won the TexTreme FT GP event last weekend. @pesty3782 Tony P shot that .30 Ghost he calls Specter, and pretty much smoked the field. FYI, a .30 Delta Wolf shot by Derrick W @zx10wall finished 2nd. No FX made the top 5.

Wow, now I'm really excited for this gun.

Received my Ghost .22 HP and have to say I am very pleased with the build and feel of the rifle! I have finally got a scope mounted, cleaned the barrel and did run some pellets over the chrony just in my basement to see what it was doing. JSB Jumbo Heavy’s
Shot count: 1 on the power wheel factory setting on reg around 150 160
Low: 1102
Hi: 1113
Avg: 1109
Spread: 11
STD Dev: 3.3
IMG_9422.jpeg

Dropped the reg down to 140-145
Power wheel on 6 brought it down a little
Shot count: 60
Low: 1046
Hi: 1062
Avg: 1058
Spread: 16
STD Dev: 3.0

Very impressive SD but still need to tame it down for 18 gr Heavy’s
Hopefully will get to stretch its legs at 50, 75 and 100 yards this Sunday.