A tail of woe and warning

My Vevor branded Tuxing CX-1 let go ( low pressure side of piston). Vevor will not sell parts or support this compressor outside of warrantee. All mynot be lost as I found this https://www.amazon.com/TUXING-Compressor-Spare-Connecting-Pistons/dp/B0912MV9B4 (First picture). There is a differance the new one has a black tip on the rod and the low side has two o-rings. Makes me question why I can't add two o-rings and call it a day> Here are pictures of the new piston and old> Odd one was new 1122.
tim

tuxing.jpg

IMG_0195[1].JPG

IMG_0196[1].JPG

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I wonder how many of us would have opted for a springer or just stayed out of the air gun game had we known about the tribulations of looking for a reasonable cost air source?
Had I know that by the time I finally solved my air supply issue I would have spent the equivalent of an Alpha Wolf and an M3, both sporting nice glass and quality mounting hardware I would have left the shop with no money spent.
Admittedly, a fair chunk of that was wasted on a sub $1K portable compressor, and then another and then relenting to two 98 cf tanks to make my trips to the fill station more efficient.
By the time those things were acquired and both budget compressors had their final rites administered I was so far down the rabbit hole that a Coltri 230V compressor seemed like a bargain.

Last edited:
Reactions: BABz58
a while ago i bought a AA Pulsar special edition and an Omega trail charger . then two more PCP , I like springers ! so all this sits ,
I have maybe 20 minutes on the compressor . in the three years i have owned it . Only takes less than 2 minutes to fill any of my PCP's , think this yea r i will get a table at the midwest show .

Reactions: Treefrog
Well i had good luck with Vevor?ran it for a 1/2 hour cleaned it up put back in the box as to keep it for a back up?we;ll guess what the compressor i was useing could,nt be fixed anymore" so got the Vevor out of the box plugged it in.same old poop wouldn't build pressure wtf" it was a year later out of warrantee.Sold it for $50 bucks"like one guy says on here?air is free until ya start compressing it" boy if that ant the truth"

I wonder how many of us would have opted for a springer or just stayed out of the air gun game had we known about the tribulations of looking for a reasonable cost air source?
Had I know that by the time I finally solved my air supply issue I would have spent the equivalent of an Alpha Wolf and an M3, both sporting nice glass and quality mounting hardware I would have left the shop with no money spent.
Admittedly, a fair chunk of that was wasted on a sub $1K portable compressor, and then another and then relenting to two 98 cf tanks to make my trips to the fill station more efficient.
By the time those things were acquired and both budget compressors had their final rites administered I was so far down the rabbit hole that a Coltri 230V compressor seemed like a bargain.
No one that needs real power from a pellet gun would pass up PCP. There truly is nothing better in Air guns