A simple pleasure

So I went to my brothers property, to run my Streamline over his chrony, and adjust the hammer spring. Got that all sorted. Zeroed for 50 metres (55 yards).

Woke up at sparrows fart the next morning, went for a slow walk along the creek gully and there it is. A single rabbit oblivious to my presence about 50ish metres away. Aim for the head. Squeeze the trigger and hear the ‘thud’ when the pellet altered the rabbits’ thought process. One rabbit seen all morning, one shot fired and one rabbit destined to be mixed with pork belly, minced and tomorrow nights bunny burger dinner for the family. 

Not the greatest of trophy species. Not the greatest number of quarry , but Amen, it felt better to be out there than fighting traffic in the city. Did I mention tasty?

Awesome, thanks for the really well written post 👍🏻

As someone constantly fighting traffic in the city, I'm pretty envious. I just recently swapped a scope for a laminate streamline in 0.22. Nice solid gun to compliment my other more complex stuff. Lovely lines, similar in appeal to the daystate huntsmans. Waiting on it to arrive and am quite a bit more excited than I initially expected to be! 👌

Great story. I’ve got one question though. Sparrows fart?...

Ahh Sparrow’s fart.

Forgive my Aussie slang. Sparrows fart sort of translates into first light to sunrise. You know how birds (including sparrows) start chirping at first light and well...... when I wake up the first thing I do is point my bum away from the missus and drop an acoustic event that resembles an A10 Warthog gun firing.. So yeah it assumes all animals start the day with a botty burp.

Hope this clarifies.

Great story. I’ve got one question though. Sparrows fart?...

Ahh Sparrow’s fart.

Forgive my Aussie slang. Sparrows fart sort of translates into first light to sunrise. You know how birds (including sparrows) start chirping at first light and well...... when I wake up the first thing I do is point my bum away from the missus and drop an acoustic event that resembles an A10 Warthog gun firing.. So yeah it assumes all animals start the day with a botty burp.

Hope this clarifies.

Gotta love the entertainment here—-has become my favorite website!😂.