A Simple, Graphic DOPE Charting "Application" for Mil-Dot Optics - No Installation Required!

Hey there folks,
I made this simple "application" for phones, that doesn't require an installation at all - whether you believe it or not, it's just a text file, that you can modify to your needs, or to your liking for that matter, and that's it. First of all, one you've put your pellet drop-off points (for individual distances, either in yds or in meters) on a piece of paper, then you can start positioning the drop points onto the reticle in the program, by coding them in yourselves. Of course, I'll have to explain how to do it first, since most of you probably aren't familiar with web coding technologies, such as: HTML, css, JavaScript, XML... et cetera.

Here's how this "program/app" looks in Google Chrome on my phone:

app.png

OK, so the image below shows five paragraphs of code circled in red... by manipulating the 'cx' and the 'cy' values you can move the coloured dots, representing your DOPE/drop-off points, around, so that they'll correspond to the scheme on your piece of paper. The reticle that I have in most of my scopes is the Mil-Dot and that's why I decided to use that as a template for the reticle in the program. There are 5 distances for adjustment in the program, these are at 10, 25, 50, 75 and at 90 yards/meters, depending on what you'd like to go with. So, in order to adjsust the points with the code, you have to manipulate the values of the cx and the cy variables. To move a certain point horizontally, along the X axis, only change, or otherwise adapt, the values in the brackets following the variables... i.e. from cx="350" to cx="300" ... now you've moved an individual point to the left (adjust as much as you have to, in order to get the right, corresponding result). Same goes for verticality, example given; Adjust from cy="200" to cy="250" ...to go down, or from 200 to 160 to go up.

code_snippet.png

I was using Notepad++ to make this, the code here is also opened with Note++.

code_snippet_2.png

Now, I don't know if I can upload .HTML files here, google usually doesn't allow that, and that's why I'm going to upload a .txt file, that you have to rename from DOPE_sheet_plan.txt to DOPE_sheet_plan.html ...and that's it. From here on you can OPEN and EDIT the said .html file with either the basic notepad, or you can download Notepad++ for free and use that to edit the code. By the way, you can also rename and edit the file on your phones, even though it's probably going to be a bit more tricky to locate the needed lines of code for manipulating the dots. And of course, you can open the .html file on your phones with either Chrome, Mozzila or some other browser.

I hope you'll find this thing somewhat useful, I certainly do, because I usually forget scope holdovers on my guns and then I'm completely in the dark about my point of reference with aiming, or rangefinding for that matter. I uploaded this .html file on my phone and I'm using it quite often, I have to say... And since I found it useful, someone else here could find it so too.

The DOPE_sheet_plan.txt text file should be somewhere down here...

View attachment DOPE_sheet_plan.txt

Is the retical based on the UTG Scopes?
That's my main scopes and has the 9 dots like that.
I've downloaded and it works on my Notebook with the Brave Browser.
Yes, it's based on the UTG's Mil-Dot reticles. UTG mostly offers their scopes with mil-dots and half mildots, athought there are a couple with Duplex reticles.

Reactions: Privateer