A Significant Error in the Alpha Wolf Design

One needs to charge the battery. There is an external power supply/charger included. But where did they put the onboard charging port. Way back in a mouse sized hole in the beautiful wooden stock. In there lives ( I think) a female C charging port. You either take Daystate's word for it or verify it with a flashlight. The cord for charging is so stiff that rotating it in the fingers to get the correct orientation so the male end matches the female end is rediculoous. To check to make sure you have the correct allignment you have to shine a flashlight into that dark mouse hole to see how to line up the end you are trying to plug in. Once you determine that trying to put the charging plug into the recepticle is really tough as ther isn't much room to move you fingers,hand. You might think you felt the plug enter the charge port. Well ther is just enough space on either side of the internal port that you can plug into that wooden area and think you are charging...and you are not. Maybe I am just and old crusty PCP er and if some body has found an enlightened way to get that charge cord plugged in...please teach me.
Somebody with a 3D printer could make an adapter that just fits that mouse hole and and is designed so that pushing in the charging end of the wire is guided into the rifle charge port. A tapered mouse hole kind of thing.
Rant is over but seriously?? Did anyone not see this at Daystate?(Hey! I really do love this rifle) Thaks to whoever told me to to try the 34g pellets. It's mad a difference.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
That's a big problem for certain. I understand why Daystate did what they did, as most USB female connectors are not completely waterproof, and could corrode (if the connector isn't gold plated), or trap contaminants that could interfere with charging.

If Daystate was thinking, they would have made a magnetic charging connector with two gold contacts on the outside of the gun. I'm certain I can make you one that fits in your mouse hole. Maybe Apple has a patent on a magnetic charging cable, but it's probably a design patent, so it's easier to work around it.

Good point on the water denial on the conncetor. I guess you would have to go out into the rain and hold the gun upside down to get water in there. And...if the rifle costs this much, how much more would it have been to supply it with gold plated conncectors? I use that apple magnetic charging cable on my lap top. That would have solved the problem. I wonder if that part is generally on the market somewhere or if it prioitory to Apple. Going back to the rifle and try it again. Thought I had it but there seems to be no charge in the battery above when I tried to connect it. Thank You.

One needs to charge the battery. There is an external power supply/charger included. But where did they put the onboard charging port. Way back in a mouse sized hole in the beautiful wooden stock. In there lives ( I think) a female C charging port. You either take Daystate's word for it or verify it with a flashlight. The cord for charging is so stiff that rotating it in the fingers to get the correct orientation so the male end matches the female end is rediculoous. To check to make sure you have the correct allignment you have to shine a flashlight into that dark mouse hole to see how to line up the end you are trying to plug in. Once you determine that trying to put the charging plug into the recepticle is really tough as ther isn't much room to move you fingers,hand. You might think you felt the plug enter the charge port. Well ther is just enough space on either side of the internal port that you can plug into that wooden area and think you are charging...and you are not. Maybe I am just and old crusty PCP er and if some body has found an enlightened way to get that charge cord plugged in...please teach me.
Somebody with a 3D printer could make an adapter that just fits that mouse hole and and is designed so that pushing in the charging end of the wire is guided into the rifle charge port. A tapered mouse hole kind of thing.
Rant is over but seriously?? Did anyone not see this at Daystate?(Hey! I really do love this rifle) Thaks to whoever told me to to try the 34g pellets. It's mad a difference.
It's because they simply bolted a wooden stock onto a Delta wolf 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Scotty1 and qball