• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

A Shout Out to the FX USA Service Team!

I recently had a fair bit of interaction with the FX USA Service Team over an issue with my rifle. They were outstanding! Melissa and her team were quick to respond, offered great technical advice, and ultimately repaired my rifle under warranty even though I was the second or third owner of a under two-year-old Crown MkII. I really appreciated that they were willing to help me try to resolve the problem myself. When we discovered the issue was something I couldn’t fix they repaired it under warranty. That kind of effort on the part of the Service Team is why I have owned three FX Airguns and will likely buy another in the future.

A side note: The issue was my fault. When I acquired the Crown from the AGN classifieds it was set up in .30 with a 380mm barrel. I planned to change it to .177 also in a 380mm barrel. This meant reducing the reg pressure from 145bar down to more like 100bar. So, I took off the bottle and went to degas the plenum. My usual way is to dry fire once or twice to get the valve open. Bad idea in this case. I forgot to turn down the Power Wheel and I didn’t know there was a 26g tungsten hammer in the rifle. Well, the degassing went fine. I put all my .177 stuff in, changed the hammer to the 7g one and reassembled. When I connected the bottle, air just blew out the barrel and the holes in the side where the valve pin should be seen. After a fair amount of detective work with the help of the FX Tech we realized the heavy hammer and high spring compression had caused damage to the port when the valve pin sticks out. There were burrs raised which kept the valve pin from operating correctly. The solution was to re-drill the port. So, beware of dryfiring when there is no bottle attached!