• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

A shout out to all the helping people on the forum and "EddieG" for providing me

So many helpful people with 1st hand knowledge and skills.
We used to get the printed airgun list (way back) which was The "classifieds" then the 1st and many other forums over the years (hey airgunadvise really enjoined yours too) and all the fine people we've met at matchs & shoots over the years.
Things have changed a great deal, green cash & Postal MO's were it. Everyone offered a three day inspection. NEver saw an airguns shipped in a box, "deal" in buying/selling Meant deal finished ship it. You know the good old day's. A year or so ago a member was asking about any old (Jet/other
.177) I I had said "IF I can find them I have a few I can send". Took me 6 month's nut did find them and send them off to Idaho. No doubt he had forgotten all about it and I think it really made his day to receive them out of the blue. Have to keep those old traditional airguns on tagrget.
I posted on someones big-bore (.177 my favorite cal. but) post I had just discovered the ammo for my DAQ .452 had been discontinued and had no idea of a for sure replacement and wasn't looking forward to buying every possibility hoping one worked as well (touching at 50 yards with the .45LC Hornady 230g) or buying and learning from scratch casting slugs and a new to me name "EddieG" forum member said "I think I might an a Lee die that would work if you send me your address nest time I have the chance I will send you a few"
Wasn't a week before a flat rate box showed up and the postmaster handing it to me said " buying lead huh". Made my day! 4 different molds, pure lead, pure weigh weight (last time I saw grandfather cast that was the stuff and ALL I know about casting) mixed alloys. I don't have them right here but I believe around 175g to 230g.
What an excellent surprise. And a pleasant reminder good folks and airgun comradery are still alive and well.

Had a medical issue the last 2 weeks so just got to call Eddie today, what a nice person and Really knows casting! This week I do intend to test every type he sent and give the NSA .452 I purchased another chance and will post up a report on how that goes.
4521.jpg

John