A several days ago I went to use my Avenger 25 both gauges on zero

I filled it to 2500pis listened for a leak didn't hear anything so I figured it was a slow leak until I took it to the woods to sight in the new scope I put on it, that's about all I did was sight it in decent and I heard it hissing, never got a chance to hunt really because it was soon to be on zero again.

The next day I took it apart because it was raining anyway and I found a tiny brass shaving that I figure was neglect to clean parts good when assembled. It was right in the seat of the poppet, I removed it with some precise tweezer's that I have, reassembled and it's been aired up good since. I have had it in the woods for a hunt 1 time and it seems to be back to normal, I'll be taking it out in the woods in the morning too.

Here's a video of first time out on the 6th since taking it apart and fixing it

https://youtu.be/mjgqogBf12k

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz
Good repair, thanks for sharing. I don't think most owners would be able to disassemble and investigate as you did. How easy was it to disassemble? Have they made it any better that the Marauders in terms of potential for cutting O-rings when reinserting valves and other components?

Deburring and flushing machined parts is an extra finishing step that costs money. It's a struggle to produce an item at a low price point and keep everything perfect. I have encountered many items over the years (not just airguns) that have malfunctioned due to foreign debris leftover from the manufacturing process. Infuriating how a tiny metal shaving of piece of plastic mold flash can work its way into a critical area to cause a failure.

Sounds like you got the metal shaving cleared from the valve seat before it permanently cut the seat, requiring a new poppet.

Loved the music too, banjo player myself.😎

I did take it out on the 8th again, it's shooting true to form no doubt, I think once you have the gun doing what you want it to do you're all set.

The really nice thing is it's so easy to tune everything externally. I just got done topping off one of my SCBA's to 4.2K however this morning I will be using my Sentry 705-9 in .22. That gun shoots my 27.5 grain BBT's extremely well. It won't be long before I get the Avenger out again, just went to the gun room, check the pressure on it and it's right where I left it.

https://youtu.be/rqA6PGTjXiQ

My personal opinion and I don’t want to use cheap because expense can be cheap and I mean made and crap. I mean to use less expense items as stated above can be good quality but follow up on assembly isn’t there. Ie your avenger vs a more expensive rifle.

But the avenger sounds Like a he’ll of a gun for the money, but again you have to expect some less refinement than something in a much higher price range where it is expected with no excuses for the price. 

I ended up changing my mind on the gun that I was going to use on my next hunt, here it is. I really like my Liberty, the only modification that I've done to it since I've owned it was putting in a duy made peek poppet. My Liberty I paid $100 and shipping from ATI a couple years ago and simply love the rifle, it's a tack driver big time, as a matter of fact I'm going to be using it again this morning 😎

https://youtu.be/SN6rB7-1JWs