• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Round of Applause for Michael for picking up the guantlet and continuing AGN

With the news of the banner being passed from Ted to Michael, we all know we would not be here if Michael was not willing to make some personal and professional concessions and sacrifices, to continue with the daunting task of running AGN. 

We all thank you from the tip of our springers to the bottom of our PCP tanks. We all make AGN what it is, but Michael and his team keep the ship sails into the wind and the Grackens at bay. Hats off for keeping the ship afloat!

I had no idea this forum was just a year old. I only "found" it in December of 2015. I had no idea who started it, managed it, or owned it. I do find "Ted's" videos to be top notch and I noticed from the outset that Michael was exceedingly helpful in the discussions where he posted.

Admittedly, I only check on 3-4 of the forum sections (PCP, Springers, Hunting, and Classifieds). So far I've found the discussions to be very proper and considerate. Maybe I've missed some that were not or maybe they were removed by moderators.

There have been a couple of forums (archery or general hunting) that I quickly abandoned when I read the stuff some were writing.

I value this site and learn a lot from many who post here.

Thanks!

I can't really add anything to what FunGun already said. Many thanks to both Michael and Ted for starting and continuing a terrific venue to promote and advance what for most of us qualifies as a passion and for many of us is a passion that began as children. I still laugh every time I remember the look on my wife's face when she said "You spent $3000 on BB gun???????" and my reply was, well sort of (because that amount included the scope) but I only own six pairs of shoes" :) 

Best wishes to both of you and all the other members of our little community!

TracyP

Ted, hope to see you back here at least posting like the rest of us...as one us, the airgun grunts.

Michael, running the forum is probably a very stressful and challenging task as you are tasked to be an airgun enthusiast, a peace-maker, a judge, the justice of the peace, a diplomat,the police, a mentor, a friend, an adult in a schoolyard, the good and the bad boss, the expert and the novice, a liaison to the manufacturers....but you can't please everyone, can't be everyone's friend, also cannot be above it all and know it all....everyone makes mistakes. Those who think they can do a bang up job as a moderator I urge you to try and see if you last more than a month! Those who expect perfection and 100% right decisions from a moderator...there is no such thing. But there is such thing as a forum moderator who clearly strives to do his best, listens to others, levels with the folks...but also able to drop the hammer when needed. Respect cannot be demanded, respect must be earned. I hope I did not come across as patronizing...contrary, anyone who is willing to do this job earns my respect regardless how I feel about them personally. Thanks for your work.