• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan A Review On My Magnum Springer: The Hatsan 125 in .22 (5,5mm) Caliber

I've been shooting open sights so I've been limited to about 20 yards. I've tried it with a scope but was never able to get it to zero for me. I was using a brand new scope also but after getting frustrated I just decided I'd use it for a close range pester. I've got 4 PCPs to choose from for longer range. I really haven't shot it that much actually. Heck, I've only put about 50 slugs down range since buying my MK2 impact used. It's either been way to hot or windy or I just haven't had the time and I'm retar er retired.😡

Reactions: Farmplinker2
I've been shooting open sights so I've been limited to about 20 yards. I've tried it with a scope but was never able to get it to zero for me. I was using a brand new scope also but after getting frustrated I just decided I'd use it for a close range pester. I've got 4 PCPs to choose from for longer range. I really haven't shot it that much actually. Heck, I've only put about 50 slugs down range since buying my MK2 impact used. It's either been way to hot or windy or I just haven't had the time and I'm retar er retired.😡
I see. Well then, I guess I'm in luck, because even though I initially had problems with the scope ( or even better said, my friend who gave me the scope had issues with it ), it now hold zero like a boulder! If you're going to mount a scope to this beast, use a springer-rated scope in combination with a zero-recoil mount from either Diana or Optima, or you can also get a cheaper variant from AliExpress, which only costs some 25 bucks I saw and people say it works alright and that it's good enough for casual use, but in that case there's no warranty on the mount and it could also happen that it'll come alredy broken, from the start, because with the chinese no-name, copy cat companies you can never tell whether it'll work or not, or even break shortly in time. However, UTG scopes that are built on their proprietary SSS and True Strength platform are almost certainly going to hold zero, I've already fired some 400+ pellets through my 125 and the scope is still going strong, if it would fail it'd do so during the first 100-150 shots, but it fortunately for me didn't. The inital problem was with a loose reticle, that the fierce recoil of the gun simply beat back into place and that was it, it held zero since then.

Although, the groups became sporadic during my last shooting session - towards the end of it anyway, I have found it to be due to the stock coming loose, cause of the heavy recoil of the gun; The scope however is fine though, it still holds zero. I will have to retighten every screw on the gun, after each shooting session, otherwise the gun will fall apart - maybe I'll even have to use some blue loctite to hold them down. The good thing however is that the screws on the scope's 22mm bases have finally settled in and don't come loose anymore. I'm incredibly happy with my 125, it shoots well, has a ton of power - comparable to budget PCPs and it's quite accurate too, especially in terms of off-hand shooting. Not to mention, that its finish is actually quite good, I don't have a speck of rust on it.

I had both a springer rated scope and a ZR clone. My 125 sniper didn't come with a scope or sling. I just figured I didn't have a airgun for up close and the 125 would fill that need.
I reckon that's too much power for up close; Sure it'll put down pretty much anything you'll shoot at, but there are other airguns that'd fit that need much better... For instance, it'd do good for mercy shots on hogs, as I've seen a video filmed somewhere, in one of the former USSR countries - it was probably in Russia, where two men put down an adult, huge domestic pig with a 155 Torpedo with a shot in the head, which means that it'd do just fine for that ;)