A.R.T barrel versus standard LW barrel

Daystate Huntsman Revere also has "The German made, Competition grade A.R.T approved barrel and match grade" I don't have a previous iteration of the Huntsman to compare them.
Like this:

gYjvqINl.jpg

Reactions: Bullpupone
when I inquired with AOA a few years back they just confused me with things but said a group of guys like shot alot of daystates and found a bunch of tweaks but I somehow thing they not a different barrel i mite be wrong but I remember u could buy same gun for $400 more and was ART lol must be like undercoating a car or a tune however I never got me a daystate so I am no authority maybe Micheal or centercut will tell as they have used daystates
LOU

Reactions: qball
I will say again. The Accuracy Research Team. Has approved the 22 cal barrels in all guns. They have helped design the 25 and 30 cal in the hp models. More is happening at present to have the best slug shooting barrels in the future. It is a never ending process with ammo in a constant state of development.

Rob.

I will say again. The Accuracy Research Team. Has approved the 22 cal barrels in all guns. They have helped design the 25 and 30 cal in the hp models. More is happening at present to have the best slug shooting barrels in the future. It is a never ending process with ammo in a constant state of development.

Rob.

Rob,
So does that mean that the Accuracy Research Team did not address .177 barrels?

Extensive testing in the field with different ammo power level and rifles. Influence in the choke design breech Ingres and transfer ports are all part of the approved process. Designed is a clean slate from scratch barrel specification. Ridiculous amounts of proofing and testing at short and long range with the goal of winning long range performance.

Rob.

Been talked about a few times, lots of variables but in the end the poly’s smooth impression might have a slight advantage in aero dynamic over the sharp impression from the lands and groove barrel. This makes sense as cars with smooth/sleek edges tend to have better aero dynamic coefficient.

However at the end of the day accuracy is the result of the barrel, ammo and tune combination. ART is a custom ordered LW poly barrel and Daystate spent good amount of time testing and researching, think of it as a higher end Lexus model. Not to say LW doesn’t make a top end lands and groove styled barrels that are Uber accurate. Honestly I can’t tell the difference between my poly barrel and standard LW in 177 when shooting 10.3 heavy pellets but I think poly is slighy better with lighter pellets. An accurate barrel is an accurate barrel, good quality barrel from all styles are more accurate than the shooter when pairs with the right ammo, at mid to higher end level the shooter will always be the limiting factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: rigbymauser
Rob, thanks for the explanation, I was going to ask the same thing. This is why my .177 is so accurate with the 10.34's

10.3 is an exceptionally good pellet, they shoot amazing out of all my barrels…..from my expensive poly to 300 dollar second hand crosman. 1 hole size of a .22 pellet at 20 yards with limited wind is a given.

Reactions: Bullpupone
Ultimately, a good barrel is a good barrel regardless of manufacturing process. The poly barrel thing has evolved into a bit of a misnomer, in some instances. Its modern history picks up in WW II, when Germany used the process to make machine gun barrels faster and cheaper, as they would melt down under heavy fire and needed frequent replacement. The traditional hammer forged, poly barrel is clearly identified by barrels such as the Glock pistol barrel. If you look down that barrel, compared to some of the poly air rifle barrels, there is quite a difference. Some of those barrels are actually cut or button rifled barrels, using rounded rather than sharp cut grooves. This might be the result of the significant cost of getting into the hammer forging business, yet wanting to compete in the "poly" barrel market. It probably causes experimentation with rifling profiles and methods, which should advance the technology and give us better barrels. I see the Daystate ART thing as an example of this evolution. It might not be clear in all cases exactly what is offered, but attention to detail is a good thing in the precision accuracy market, and maybe that is the ART contribution.

Reactions: Stone02 and qball