• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

A question for RAW HM1000x HP .22 owners shooting BR at 100 yards

I have shot the JSB .22 RDs (25g) in the past. However, I am having Martin convert my .30 cal back to the original .22 HP barrel currently. 

Q. In shooting the JSB 25g RDs, what is your ideal velocity for shooting targets at 100 yards? Also, can you elaborate as to different velocities ( with the RDs) that you have tried in your tunes; and what seems to be most accurate.

Also, have you had any luck with slugs and if so, what Brand, weight and FPS?

Thanks, Tom

I think your RAW is an LW Poly barrel, so anywhere between 920 and 1000 FPS, depending on your gun. I’ve tried 915 to 960 in my EDGun R3, and 980 to 1000 in the Bleu Wolf. Couldn’t tell the difference in Bleu but the Eddy liked 945 to 960 best.

As far as slugs with the .22 Poly barrel the KO JSB at .217 were as accurate as the RD Monsters. I shot them at 955 FPS.

Mike

The ART barrel on the bleu is a very special Daystate design. 5 sides not six with a secret recipe for internal specifications. Will not behave the same as the LW poly off the shelf. The ART barrels we have experience with have no equal in long range accuracy at fast speeds in 22 cal. Others may have different results but this is our experience to date. 

Rob

Thanks guys, this is helpful. Mike, yes the .22 HP is a Poly LW barrel in the RAW.

I had forgotten that I saved many of my FX Radar Chrony shot strings on my iPhone from last year. I just checked and observed very consistent FPS averages in the 930-935 FPS range, with ES values in the 10-20 FPS range for the JSB .22 cal RDs. Martin knows this is my 100 yard BR gun, so I’m sure he will tune power for optimum performance and accuracy for this pellet. I also recall testing some NSA slugs also, but not sure I did adequate testing with the sample pack I used at the time. I don’t think the slugs did too well, but to be fair, I only tried the sample pack once.

Rob - I do understand your point that the Bleu .22 ART Poly barrel was tested and designed differently than an “ off the shelf “ regular .22 Poly LW barrel; and that it is also on a RW and not a RAW platform. Mike mentioned this in an earlier RW Bleu post and review. Tx 

I am fitting one of the new RTI long range slow twist barrels designed specifically for the 25g RD to the RAW LRT tomorrow, will be interesting to see how that fares!

If it shoots well I will fit one to the RW SAFARI and try some further testing, but as above I am not sure there is really much room for improvement on the RW barrels as it stands!

My RAW HP .22 regulator is set at 150 bar and shoots 935 fps for best group results (over 950 fps I get flyers). In 70f plus I can get about 40 shots per fill. Below is 5-shots at 50 yards - true one hole group.

1593053979_3202107885ef4131b73b2e8.74618825.jpg

Spray - let us know how your new RTI long range barrel shoots on your RAW.

Stan - I think I saw this true one hole group on the “what does one hole mean to you” thread. Amazingly accurate and it’s helpful to get a second opinion/comparison on the 935 FPS sweet spot for your RAW. 

Mike - Will try the Knock Out slugs too

Thanks again guys for the feedback!

Tom