• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A quality, simple and reliable PCP for field work ?

What would be the most reliable, simplistic and least maintenance hungry PCP rifles ? 
Im a pretty basic/classic style of gun user.....could care less about the latest and tactical looking air gun with 100 adjustment options. Just give me a solid, reliable and easy to maintain rifle and Ill be happy. What’s your suggestions ?

caliber: .22

primary use : hunting

single or multishot

budget for rifle only : $1k

+1 on the questions from TarheelScott You may want to put a price point out there first then answer the rest of his questions so you don't get led down the wrong road. You can get a very basic unregulated single shot PCP for around $200 or, a regulated multi-shot for close to $300 something much better for $2000+ Then you will need the Hand pump, air tank or compressor to fill it depending on the gun you choose and your budget.

Reactions: Camoflash
Desired caliber ? what is your intended use ? Do you have an air source readily available ? pumping, fill tank, have a compressor, local fire department can fill it? 

These would help a little 
1f609.svg

See edited title for details

What would be the most reliable, simplistic and least maintenance hungry PCP rifles ? 
Im a pretty basic/classic style of gun user.....could care less about the latest and tactical looking air gun with 100 adjustment options. Just give me a solid, reliable and easy to maintain rifle and Ill be happy. What’s your suggestions ?

caliber: .22

primary use : hunting

single or multishot

budget for rifle only : $1k

Although all of the above mentioned are more than capable of doing and fullfiling what you have specified with the above mentioned information provided. This is only a suggestion or something of a guide for you to consider based on my personal experience and the fact that you stated (( a pretty basic/classical style of a gun user )) I feel that rules out the bull pup form factor. IMHO I would start my search with the following.

The Daystate regal huntsman is Very nice and inside the budget and just screams classical with style. As Jayson mentioned and you ask for a durable maintenance free hunting rifle The brocock bantam and bantam hi-lite come to my mind as well and put you in a semi bull pup area with a very nice mix of traditional and newer together in a very dependable small and easy to maneuver package They also have a soft touch finish ( very nice feeling stock when dampened ) or wood. All three of these are a bolt action style which again makes me think basic/classical but very reliable and for the most part ( if you do not fire it with the bolt open haha ) Maintenance free choices. 

Others have suggested some very nice pcp's as well. If you consider something other than what I took it as then the cricket and taipan are excellent as well.

Please do not hang up on one individuals opinion but take all of the suggestions as a whole from the forums. There are some incredibly knowledgeable members here far more than me. Also you may want to consider used if it is from a reputable dealer like spaw,aoa,palm beach just to name a few that offer used pcp's at an exceptional price. avoid the dealers who only knock of 100 dollars or 10 to 15 percent of new. Also some of the reputable guys here often have a huge savings for a reliable pcp as well . Just check the history/feedback of the seller. If pretty close to new pricing buy new and get the warranty. Just my honest opinion .👍

Remember the more you research your choices the better the chance of getting exactly what you need to foot the bill. Take your time and no one actually knows what you are after better than you yourself lol. Others will chime in with more choices for you to investigate I am sure. I wish you the very best and hope you get exactly what you wanted by considering this plethora of knowledge that we have in our members here on the forums. If you do not get the answer you are seeking at first do not give up and ask again. These fellows are great.

Very long winded for only three suggestions huh haha. Happy hunting Kind Sr.😅

Scott in NC😁

Brocock Bantam MK2 400. I have a Taipan Vet and its probably the best gun I ever owned but it is definitely the least favorite walking around gun I ever owned. I own several other bullpups that offhand better but nothing is better than my buddies Brocock. I don't have one because most of my pesting is from a rest. When I do walk around its my Priest or Leshiy. The balance and comfort of the Brocock is something else. He has had zero issues.

This is just my Honest opinion again haha But i feel accuracy and precision when hunting trumps power. what good is power if you can't hit what you are aiming at lol.👊

Most of my hunting on small game is 60 yards and under. I refuse to take a shot at anything unless I am confident in putting it down and not wounding it. Hence the precision and accuracy first thing 😉. Again only a personal preference of myself . 

I like the taipan used is about 1k, Edgun leshiy was my first pcp lil bit over 1k, used is still a tad over but very simple reliable and easy to work on, but I would also recommend a airforce line reliable great customer service made in USA. With the ringloc very adjustable in power 3k max fill easier to achieve. Accurate that is of course it you don’t need regulator.you can also change caliber and barrel length later if you wish 

I'll also suggest the Daystate Huntsman Regal XL in .22cal. They offer a regulated and an unregulated version. If you really want simplicity and reliability, go with the unregulated version. Less o-rings and it's less likely for something to go wrong. If your style of hunting is walking through thick brush, then the only thing to worry about is protecting the beautiful walnut stock the Huntsmans' come with.