• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Premonition of impending disaster.....

Yesterday I was getting ready for my weekly ground squirrel hunt, making sure my Maverick Compact .22 was dialed in. I thought the breech o-ring is about to go, sure as heck,,,10 shots later it let go. Now I've got Months of pellets through it as in thousands so it's not unexpected. I just thought it was interesting that I had that premonition. Now, it I could just get it to work on a serious lottery ticket.

I had a premonition of smoking a Brisket.... and the next day I did..... Wow, the wonders may never cease......:eek::p:ROFLMAO:
brisket for beans.jpg

I had a premonition of smoking a Brisket.... and the next day I did..... Wow, the wonders may never cease......:eek::p:ROFLMAO:View attachment 387568
That was more like planning, unless that wonderful brisket just happened to land in the smoker. That chunk of meat would cost a fortune here in the Peoples Un-democratic Republic of California where only grass and insects are permitted.

Reactions: KatoKevin454
here's the recipe, get all your favorite spices, dump them into a big bowl, add a bunch of Garlic salt and brown sugar, mix until even, dump it all over a nice piece of brisket or any meat, make sure to get it everywhere, throw it in a smoker, fat up and smoke it for about 4 hours on smoke setting or 180° and then turn the heat to 200°, let cook for about 12 hours, take it out and enjoy...... ;)

here's the recipe, get all your favorite spices, dump them into a big bowl, add a bunch of Garlic salt and brown sugar, mix until even, dump it all over a nice piece of brisket or any meat, make sure to get it everywhere, throw it in a smoker, fat up and smoke it for about 4 hours on smoke setting or 180° and then turn the heat to 200°, let cook for about 12 hours, take it out and enjoy...... ;)
I think it'd be better is you'd say, send me a brisket so I can see how it tastes. I'll cover shipping....still cheaper than buying a brisket here. Sadly it'll have to be frozen and packed in dry ice but, it'll survive. Barring that, do you use a bit of moisture or dry heat.? What wood do you like?

• Haha
I think it'd be better is you'd say, send me a brisket so I can see how it tastes. I'll cover shipping....still cheaper than buying a brisket here. Sadly it'll have to be frozen and packed in dry ice but, it'll survive. Barring that, do you use a bit of moisture or dry heat.? What wood do you like?
my smoker is a Pitboss pellet smoker, I use the Generic pellets from Tractor Supply, any pellets will work, dry heat, if you are going to use a wood smoker, mix hickory and mesquite, and a water pan for moisture, ;)

my smoker is a Pitboss pellet smoker, I use the Generic pellets from Tractor Supply, any pellets will work, dry heat, if you are going to use a wood smoker, mix hickory and mesquite, and a water pan for moisture, ;)
I've got a two burner gas, dual smoke trays and a huge water pan. Does killer ribs. Just haven't tried a brisket yet.