• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

A post to online retailers

This is a post to hopefully help our online retail vendors. I recently purchased a rather high end air gun from a well known seller. First off, I'm not out to bash anyone and when I have a problem, I will deal with this person / company directly. First of all I had messaged the merchant about a particular product that I was interested in.............on a Sunday no less. Got a response within minutes. Made the order and got things underway. The following week, I received the gun and was quite pleased with the packing and the gun itself. However, I had several questions about the gun and the included spare parts, so I emailed the seller 4 days ago and have so far gotten no reply. My whole point in this post is to relay the fact that I was contemplating buying another air gun from this outfit, but now am unsure..............Am I wrong? I understand that life happens and people get busy and tied up with everything, but a little customer service goes a long way and creates loyalty to a vendor / brand..............OK getting off my soapbox now. Rant over.........

Last edited:
Reactions: Mauipilikia
i just expect 2 or 3 days for a reply but still it is upsetting to wait . I grew up in the north big city i expect instant gratification .I expect items to be in stock. I expect an order to be filled (AM) and shipped the same day . took me over a year to get used to not living up north. Nowi just roll with life . (mostly)

This is a post to hopefully help our online retail vendors. I recently purchased a rather high end air gun from a well known seller. First off, I'm not out to bash anyone and when I have a problem, I will deal with this person / company directly. First of all I had messaged the merchant about a particular product that I was interested in.............on a Sunday no less. Got a response within minutes. Made the order and got things underway. The following week, I received the gun and was quite pleased with the packing and the gun itself. However, I had several questions about the gun and the included spare parts, so I emailed the seller 4 days ago and have so far gotten no reply. My whole point in this post is to relay the fact that I was contemplating buying another air gun from this outfit, but now am unsure..............Am I wrong? I understand that life happens and people get busy and tied up with everything, but a little customer service goes a long way and creates loyalty to a vendor / brand..............OK getting off my soapbox now. Rant over.........
I have found one of the best ways to do business is pick up the telephone. Just a thought. Emails are good for documenting things. Phone calls are best for speeding things up.

Last edited:
I have found one of the best ways to do business is pick up the telephone. Just a thought. Emails are good for documenting things. Phone calls are best for speeding things up.

I'll give you you my experience with two retailers. The statute of limitations has expired so I feel I can talk about this.

Retailer A.....I ordered a rifle from this retailer and did it over the phone. I specified more than once what I wanted and this was agreed upon. When I got the rifle, it was not what I wanted. When I called back to tell him it was the wrong item, he said he didn't have what I initially wanted in stock. This part is on me. I was so enamored with the rifle that I sucked it up and accepted it. But his demeanor throughout the process wasn't professional at all. He acted as if he was doing me a favour. To this day, the case the rifle came in still has the label of what I wanted from our first conversation. I even contacted the manufacturer to tell them of my experience and let them know what type of person they have representing their product.

Retailer B.....I ordered some slugs and only half of the order showed up. I called the business and was told the rest of my order was back ordered and would be sent out when they are restocked. I was also told that on the website it doesn't show how many of a said item is in stock. Had I known that, I would have placed the order elsewhere. I think in this day and age, it is unacceptable for a company to not have real time accounting of the products they are selling. To make matters worse, the rest of my order never showed up.

I say all of that to say this. For these businesses, they can count my last transactions as severance. I don't care if they are the only ones to have an item I "need". I will simply go without. People always say vote with your wallet. That's what I have done with these two companies.

There are to many people today that expect business to all function like Amazon. Have the exact product they want, and when then want it. Most people don't realize the headache that is to deal with. I will typically call the shops and talk to the guys and ask them as many questions as I can before ordering anything. And then know that they will get it in the mail as quick as they can, and once the mail service has the package there is really nothing the dealer can do. I have had more than one occasion that a package was lost due to the shipping company. Every time the company I ordered with was more than willing, and happy for that matter, to help me out and get another package sent out.

People all make mistakes at some point. It all comes down to how people handle the mistake and make it right. People are to quick anymore to get all pissy at people. We are to use to the instant gratification and when we don't get that people get mad.

There are to many people today that expect business to all function like Amazon. Have the exact product they want, and when then want it. Most people don't realize the headache that is to deal with. I will typically call the shops and talk to the guys and ask them as many questions as I can before ordering anything. And then know that they will get it in the mail as quick as they can, and once the mail service has the package there is really nothing the dealer can do. I have had more than one occasion that a package was lost due to the shipping company. Every time the company I ordered with was more than willing, and happy for that matter, to help me out and get another package sent out.

People all make mistakes at some point. It all comes down to how people handle the mistake and make it right. People are to quick anymore to get all pissy at people. We are to use to the instant gratification and when we don't get that people get mad.
I did all of the things you stated and still got the wrong item. I don't think it's a matter of treating everyone like Amazon. If you have the product, say you do. If you don't, then say that too. At least be upfront.

I did all of the things you stated and still got the wrong item. I don't think it's a matter of treating everyone like Amazon. If you have the product, say you do. If you don't, then say that too. At least be upfront.
Agreed, but mistakes still happen as we are all human. Sometimes crap happens and there is nothing that can be done.

That is why I also said that it depends on how they are willing to make it better for you.