• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Pair of FWB 65's

A meager collection of Feinwerkbau Model 65's by some measurements but I enjoy my treasures. They are the short barreled "Beeman Mark II's", which I prefer. Look closely and you can see the grips on the target gun are made by Rink. I have the original FWB target grips but they are a bit small for my large meat-hooks so I purchased some X-large Rink's a few years back.

I really enjoy shooting them both but they are feeling a little lonely. I'm always on the lookout for a high quality stablemate. One of my worst rants are fine examples that have screw heads that look like they have been worked over with a chisel. Some screws can be easily replaced and some are impossible to find.

I also have a pair of FWB 124D's. They are in very nice shape also. I will post those one of these days. I have some Air Arms and Weihrauch springers that are dear to my heart but Feinwerkbau air guns are my favorite.

1583966080_2529144005e6967800e1d75.28908527.jpg

1583966121_14278825585e6967a9ecc569.28734570.jpg

Regards,

Jim

everyone needs a couple of 65's or at least what i think and i;m also a buggered screw head snob, i think it tell you a lot about the previous owners 

model 80 and 90 FWB's are a good addition and i i have been fond of my 3 Diana model 10's and all of there little brothers, there model 6's 

but he sad thing about the Model 10's is there grip with the shelf are on the small side 

my hand is a large at 100mm 

of course a dream Pistol would be a FWB 103, hard to find and absurdly pricey here in the states 

nice pistols and take care 

mike

well the model 90 does not have any electronic part any more and i have a model 90 and the trigger is magic 

there is always a risk that an old gun breaks a part and becomes a paper weight but i do understand 

so we have the same size hand width so a Diana model 10 would be fine for you, they when in your hand feels like you are shaking hands with it 

they are a little heavier but no recoil and easy to load being a break barrel and will out shoot the shooter and the trigger is as good as the 65 and great sights 

the 90's come up for sale every once in a while and if they are in a auction they have been selling for crazy money and the 80's aren't far behind 

All nice examples above!

Question, this is mine. Imported by Beeman.

I'm the original owner purchased late 1988.

I have all original everything. Except the adjustable front site (which was installed at the factory).

I'm seeking paperwork on the adjustable front site.

The adjustable front site functions flawless. I'd just like to have paperwork on it.

Anyone recognize it? Thank you.
1596555250_4948352595f297ff2197377.13483404.jpg
1596555251_10468472795f297ff3121c91.17409472.jpg
1596555251_17820719445f297ff3e35233.20134051.jpg

All nice examples above!

Question, this is mine. Imported by Beeman.

I'm the original owner purchased late 1988.

I have all original everything. Except the adjustable front site (which was installed at the factory).

I'm seeking paperwork on the adjustable front site.

The adjustable front site functions flawless. I'd just like to have paperwork on it.

Anyone recognize it? Thank you.
1596555250_4948352595f297ff2197377.13483404.jpg
1596555251_10468472795f297ff3121c91.17409472.jpg
1596555251_17820719445f297ff3e35233.20134051.jpg

Reactions: Singleshot
Beeman sold the adjustable front.sight as an accessory item - shot below is from their 1988 catalog. Really a gorgeous gadget, I've been looking for one for years!

My memory is VERY hazy on this, but the sight might have been made by Linbrunner. That company also made a quite nifty adjustable-position trigger blade, and other tuning goodies for the 65 in its heyday.

1596848440_17640159785f2df938cef8d8.56337160.jpeg

Reactions: beerthief
My FWB65 MKII is off being rebuilt. Been gone 6 weeks or so and hopefully will show up soon. I have the sporter grips and really wish I had gotten the target ones. My hands are not thick/heavy but my span and fingers are long.

QUESTION: What are best pellets to use? In the past I used H&N match pistol pellets but that was decades ago. 

I bought it from Beeman in mid 70’s and at the time Beeman showed it as their most accurate pellet gun rifles included (10 meters). You could not bag the gun but had to bag your hands to get best groups. If I did extended shooting I sometimes developed a tremor from cocking the pistol because of the strain on my shooting hand thumb. I think the target grips would have lessened this. When my gun returns I hope to be able to contribute to the discussion. 

Really gorgeous pistols! I love the 65, a classic amongst classics for sure.

FWIW, the "Mk I" and "Mk II" designations were purely Beeman marketing hoopla. The FWB factory referred to the short-barreled version as the "Junior," and never changed the designation for the long gun despite its detail variations over the years. 

Toward the end of production, the Junior was discontinued...at which time Beeman, in his last few catalog issues, referred to the long-barreled version as the "Mk II." Just the thing to confuse future collectors, LOL!

QUESTION: What are best pellets to use? In the past I used H&N match pistol pellets but that was decades ago. 

If I did extended shooting I sometimes developed a tremor from cocking the pistol because of the strain on my shooting hand thumb. I think the target grips would have lessened this.

H&N Match is still great. My FWB pistols also like JSB pellets. Not only very accurate, but the thin skirts of soft lead shoot VERY smoothly. You will find some makes of pellets definitely feel more "recoilless" than others in these guns, and IMHO this aspect is very much worth investigating along with accuracy when you are evaluating pellets. Definitely makes 'em easier to shoot well.

A good trick I've found for cocking the gun, is to hold it horizontally, i.e. with your palm facing up (assuming you are right-handed). Then grab the cocking lever underhand, and pull it up vertically. This puts a LOT less strain on your thumb, wrist, and elbow, than the usual method of holding the gun vertically, and pulling the lever sideways.

And you are correct, the target grips help a bit as they create a contact point at the heel of your hand, I.e., farther from the cocking fulcrum point, if that makes sense.

1598461053_1985247785f46947da6e160.82055198.jpg
My pistol has returned from rebuild. Figured I’d put half a tin through it before serious evaluation. The new spring is noticeably harder to cock but process is smooth. I can smell a little burnt oil after firing. Out to 25yds if you are as big as a golf ball I own you. Even so I believe my senior eyes would benefit from a dot sight. I had a Burris dot lying around but cannot find it when I need it. I fear the fwb65 will be hard on optics. The pistol is tapped for a rail so 11mm or weaver could be fitted. When I first bought the pistol I used a 2x pistol scope for awhile but returned to original blade sights for reasons I don’t remember now. My apt in college’s layout allowed for 10 meter practice which consumed most of my pellets. The rest were spent on pigeons along the railroad tracks. I’ve ordered JSBs which should arrive today. I found some H&N pellets in my stuff which are labeled 4.50. The head has no resistance going in the breech but the skirt jams tight. I used to have a tool to seat pellet fully. My memory is that the seated pellets were lower velocity but perhaps more consistent. 
Any advice on dot sight? Will it survive? 
I’ll report back after pistol broken in. I believe the work on the pistol to have been correctly done and proper lubrication Utilized. I was surprised that it was not “cleaned up” in any way externally. Original dust and dirt were returned to me. When I do work I like for it to look and feel “renewed “. I do know that gun clearly was not stripped and cleaned (solvent flush, ultrasonic, etc.). Is that normal now? If it shoots well all will be forgiven.