A newbie to big bore

At this point I’m just acquiring knowledge in particular to 35 / 357 cal guns. Seen these

benjamin bulldog 

Ataman m2r bullpup- and carbine

Fx impact 35 

airforce airguns 

seneca arms - dragon I believe. 
saw a few videos- most with glowing praise, heard the bulldog is versatile, I would prefer multi shot mag fed. Single shot doesn’t grab me at this time. Any experiences welcome, thanks 

well what kindof money you got .. the bulldog has some smackdown for about half the money of the high end guns, it isnt refined, it doesnt shoot like its on rails but it is decently accurate .. its a gun you can use and its available far as i know ... if i was in the market for a really nice gun in 35, i'd seriously look at an lcs sk19 in .30 .. i think they got a .35 coming out to, but the .30 is fine ...

I own Texans, Sam Yangs, and FX's.

Texans: Pros - big power, insane range, reliability, different styles Cons: single shot, awkward to pack around, requires a lot of range work to get them dialed in.

Sam Yang: Pros - economical, easy to carry, nice looks, arrows or bullets Cons: 100 yards and in gun, crappy triggers

FX: Pros - deadly accurate, regulated, out-of-the-box performance Cons: cost, lack of BIG power if that's what you're looking for.

I've shot both the Bulldog and the Slayer, but I don't own either of them. The Bulldog is a nice 100 yard and in gun that's affordable. The Slayer is really expensive and while accurate, I've heard that getting service if something is amiss on the gun can be difficult if not impossible. Having gone through that scenario with the Raptor I'm loathe to invest in a product that's that expensive without some guarantees of support.

well what kindof money you got .. the bulldog has some smackdown for about half the money of the high end guns, it isnt refined, it doesnt shoot like its on rails but it is decently accurate .. its a gun you can use and its available far as i know ... if i was in the market for a really nice gun in 35, i'd seriously look at an lcs sk19 in .30 .. i think they got a .35 coming out to, but the .30 is fine ...

was looking to keep it at about 15-1600 for the gun , but have no issue picking up a $700 if it is reliable.

And are you interested in hunting?

Not really at this time , primary purpose would be for sizable uninvited guests entering the back yard. My friend is crippled and uses a walker. If a bear rolls in and I can't scare them off.. . plus nuisance hogs. Currently , I'm not the hike it in the woods for distance type of guy.

When it comes to range off of the bench, the Texan is better than the Slayer. I went 'head to head' against a Slayer with my .308 Texan and while both guns were comparable in accuracy out to 200 yards (with maybe a grudging nod to the Slayer in that department), the Texan was able to go out to 400+ yards with no mods or 'scope tilting' but the Slayer stopped short at around 300-ish and the bullets starting to get squirrelly. 

If you're looking for a backyard/protection/pest gun then a Bulldog isn't a bad choice. Easy to hold and aim, multiple shots, reasonably quiet with the built in suppression, etc. If you're looking to have some fun off of the bench as well maybe consider a Texan carbine in .308 or .257. They're cheaper to shoot vs. the bigger calibers and very, very accurate off of the bench.

Surprised no one mentioned the AEA challenger. 357 or the new .45 and .50 ,I have the Gen 1 bullpup .357 and the bulldog ,out of the box the challenger has more power and is as accurate as the bulldog, the new Gen 2 's will have side lever cocking and should be a big improvement, I've got the .45 on pre-order and should be arriving by the end of August if the shipping dilemma from China ever works itself out. 

Go with the bulldog the Taurus variant is 360fpe

20210806_161019.1629034926.jpg
20210301_230524.1629034927.jpg