• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A new underlever in .177

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a new underlever in .177. Walther LGU and HW97K seem to be good options but a lot of shooters say Weihrauch/Beeman are not as good as they once were. The LGU came out in 2014, I think, and I have to admit that I don't know much about it. I just want to know what you think of Weihrauch and Walther. 

Thank you in advance.

Nothing's as good as it once was. I'm certainly not the one to advise on springers. Total noob. I have two now, the Air Arms TX 200 Mk III and the Diana 350 N TEC ( not an under lever ). But I have owned and own a lot of guns. The TX really is a solid product. BUT it is too heavy and bulky for field use. But what a wonderful piece of work it is. Comparatively speaking, talking about production rifles, Weihrauch looks to my mind still to be at the top of the heap. ( but for the TX ) I am still not cured of my magnum springer mental defect and I will probably yet own a Weihrauch HW 90 and then a 98 and probably a 97k and then maybe a 77k and even a 95 field pro. Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a springer addict. 

Another to consider would be the RWS/Diana 48/52 or 54/56 sidelevers. They may not be as polished but they are monsters even in 22 and are every bit as accurate. An added benefit is that because they are sidelevers you can still install a bipod. The 54/56 is recoilless to the shooter as the action rides on rails. The 54/56 with a bipod in .22 just may be the best hunting springer setup at any price. 
If you are set on an underlever, I have both the TX200 and the HW97 it is a true toss-up. The overall difference is so small that my nod goes to the HW simply because it is ambidextrous and is available in a laminate stock which I prefer.