A New Sheriff In Town !!!

Yes sir, "thinking outside the box" is indeed a saying in the US. I hope this works to your satisfaction, buddy. Please keep me posted, as I'm very interested in hearing your results.

By the way, I was in your part of the world 3 weeks ago. I was on a business trip to Sweden to visit the manufacturing facilities of a supplier and while there, I went to Stockholm, Sandviken, and Gimo. I had a great time, and the people were very friendly!

Cheers, my friend!

Yeah R.Dude, Sweden is our beloved neighbours, and the biggest guy in our Scandinavian family. Norway is blessed with oil sources, but the Volvo is Swedish, and the FX cradle is planted on their soil as you know.
This 40mm-adjusteble-ring-shebang goes on. You helped me out with the base solution, and my issue with adjustable rings is now reduced to fixed rings. -A walk in the park I thought, and started the ordering process.
IOR Crusader:..... "not available", not in stock", "backorder", "put you on the list?"......and so on.
But two of the dealers offered me the IOR Recon 4-28 x 50. Its a bit shorter, a bit lighter and a bit cheaper. (Crusaders little brother you may say..)
So I went for the Recon. And since that saved me some money (hrm..), I alså went for the IOR Tactical Trident for my custom FX Ranchero. My experiences with IOR is based on the Pitbull who is mounted on my other Rancheros, and to my upmost satisfaction.
But..... The 40 mm tube headache isn`t gone, since the Recon and the Crusader has the same tube dimensions.
I call it a headache, because there are so few options for 40 mm rings, not to talk about high rings. (Due to the magazine on top of the Royale, there has to be some clearance between the scope tube and the base). I do not want a third component/riser to obtain that clearance.

After checking world wide, it boils down to two alternatives:
American Rifle M10 40mm ex High:
AMEM101004036_1.jpg

or Rusan Picatinny Tac 40 mm.

They both gives only 16 mm clearance, but with the base on the top of that (bottom really) the scope tube will go clear of the magazine.
The M10`s (ex. high) are not available in the market for the moment, so that gives me only one option - the Rusan. But that will do.

And the Recon:

4_2878__48967.1450406302.1280.1280.JPG

I have checked, they can't for the moment. Joost in Airgun heaven (Netherland), tells me he has waited 2 years now for the heavy duty rings, and also offers the Rusan. I go for the Rusan since they seems to be the only available at the moment, but both the ex high M10 and IOR's heavy duty are on my wishlist. Vertebrae, my lokal dealer, is working on the subject.