• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Crosman A New Pistol.

I just caught a deal on a like new Crosman 1701P Silhouette pistol. I had grips from another pistol, and a BSA 2X7 scope and rings. It all came together quickly. Now to find out which pellet will work. Any ideas?

IMG_0295(1).jpg

That's a nice looking 1701p you happened upon. I have one on backorder. I have heard the grips on them leave a lot to be desired. Any idea where the previous owner got the one on yours? Sorry I can't help you with the best pellet choice, my 1322 isn't real picky so maybe the 1701p will be the same way. I will be curious to see what others have to say.
Both Steve Corcoran and Airgun Revisions have custom grips for the 1701:

Reactions: Gramps
I just caught a deal on a like new Crosman 1701P Silhouette pistol. I had grips from another pistol, and a BSA 2X7 scope and rings. It all came together quickly. Now to find out which pellet will work. Any ideas?

View attachment 408755
My 1701p is stock other than grips. They are not pellet picky. RWS Basics are great wadcutter pellets and inexpensive. RWS Meisterklugens are the fastest and the most accurate. Mine seems to like anything around seven grains. The JSB 7.33's are another pellet to try. Great pistols.

That's a nice looking 1701p you happened upon. I have one on backorder. I have heard the grips on them leave a lot to be desired. Any idea where the previous owner got the one on yours? Sorry I can't help you with the best pellet choice, my 1322 isn't real picky so maybe the 1701p will be the same way. I will be curious to see what others have to say.
The grips are from the Crosman custom shop. I just swapped them from a 2300 I had made 5 years ago. The scope is a BSA Edge 2X7 off my Diana LP8. Both of those are available.

Reactions: Gramps