A new Hajimoto Project

Just a teaser of a new series I have in development for 2022. I call it NIGHT OPS and all shots and video will be captured using night vision equipment including but not limited to Infrared light and thermal systems.

Enjoy the teaser and keep an eye out for full Night Ops Sessions

Last edited:
Generally video quality is poorer in thermal units compared to what the shooter sees at the time. I've heard this is not so much the case with ATN. That video from the ATN units is more closely representing the contrast seen by the shooter.
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the different units. Many of us that run thermal have access to one or maybe two units and we tend to be brand loyal.

Reactions: Hajimoto
Generally video quality is poorer in thermal units compared to what the shooter sees at the time. I've heard this is not so much the case with ATN. That video from the ATN units is more closely representing the contrast seen by the shooter.
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the different units. Many of us that run thermal have access to one or maybe two units and we tend to be brand loyal.
It depends on which thermal unit you have, as there are 3 different resolutions/types:
  • THoR LT 160: The lowest resolution scope offered. Has just black hot and white hot color mappings and doesn't support photo/video recording or Ballistic Calculator.
  • THoR LT 320: A big step up in resolution from its LT 160 brethren. Has just black hot and white hot color mappings and doesn't support photo/video recording or Ballistic Calculator.
  • THoR 4 384: The mid resolution scope offered. Has several thermal color mappings, audio/video and photo recording, and uses the Ballistic Calculator. Also has extended magnification, at a lower resolution.
  • THoR 4 640: The highest resolution scope offered. Has several thermal color mappings, audio/video and photo recording, and uses the Ballistic Calculator. Also has extended magnification, at a lower resolution.
I own the THoR 4 384 1.25-5x scope, and it has an extended resolution of 12.5x which gets very pixelated. The nice thing about this scope is it's very wide field of view and it works well for raccoon, fox, coyote and bobcat sized game out to 100 yards. I also use it for smaller game in closer quarters, both day and night.

I have found the most visual clarity in using the Black Hot and White Hot color profiles, but some of the more exotic profiles like Fusion and Rain can make things that don't have as high of temperature delta stand out much better, though the view can get quite busy.

Additionally, one of the things I have used to get the highest visual quality is to use the low contrast setting (out of the low, medium and high), and a thermal sensitivity of 1 or 2 (out of the 5 levels).

Last edited: