A New Compact Airgun Era Unfolds - The New Panthera Hunter Compact is Now Available.

Ted's thoughts on the new Compact for those who haven't seen it in there feed. His experience with slugs through it, very interesting and educational. Still the legend that got a huge majority of us into this fine sport in the first place!

I watched that before I saw this thread this morning. Interesting for sure, especially for those that want to shoot slugs out of this. BTW, speaking of slugs, how long before we see those much taunted Halo hybrids??
Also, this gun might appeal to use lefties where the bull pup mags stick in the cheek

Reactions: PBuffa
Does the dynamic AR folding stock adapter take Mil-Spec or Commercial buffer tubes?

I called FX-USA to ask, and neither sales or tech knew the answer. The tech said "I'm not sure, but probably either would work."

I'm not familiar with AR buffer tube stocks, but from my reading, commercial and mil-spec have different diameters/threads?

Is that correct?

Reactions: Ecabral
Does the dynamic AR folding stock adapter take Mil-Spec or Commercial buffer tubes?

I called FX-USA to ask, and neither sales or tech knew the answer. The tech said "I'm not sure, but probably either would work."

I'm not familiar with AR buffer tube stocks, but from my reading, commercial and mil-spec have different diameters/threads?

Is that correct?
Threads into receiver are the same — the 2 tubes do have different diameters

accessories made for 1 will not fit properly on the other

Threads into receiver are the same — the 2 tubes do have different diameters

accessories made for 1 will not fit properly on the other
Thanks!
I also discovered today that most AR style buffer tube stocks do NOT come with the buffer tube. So now I have to order one of those. I obviously know NOTHING about AR stocks.

Reactions: Heavyopp
She's here, and she's a tiny little thing. Very, very cool in the hands. Going to be a running a gunning beast. It is definitely LOUD.

ph2.jpg

ph1.jpg

Last edited:
I like the concept very much, kudos to FX. But must point out that they BRK Brocock led the way, with smaller, wicked, high quality mini carbines like the Atomic, Ranger and Pathfinder XRs. I understand the Panthera puts out more FPE, but I also understand that I got into smaller guns for the “lower power”. Either way it looks to be a winner for FX.

Did the BRK Atomic come out before the Prod ? People scoff at the 12 fpe it has , but fail to realize it's plenty for pesting and the experienced guys turn them down to around 9 fpe. And with its lightweight build and accuracy it's , to this day one of the best for pesting around livestock and structures that could be damaged.