A New Compact Airgun Era Unfolds - The New Panthera Hunter Compact is Now Available.

Nope, but for a .22 shooting 18.1 JSB they are equivalent, and that's what most shooters use for hunting squirrels out to 100 yards at ranches, farms and residential areas where there are houses close by. So, it's not a criticism. Just a statement that aside from significantly higher power potential, it's not really a new concept...

You already know I really like my .25 Panthera 600mm that I shot at Oregon two weeks ago and shot a perfect score (250/250) in the Long-Range Challenge... Both Jayson Barnes @Jayson and Shane Royce were watching, and Jayson told me afterwards that was the best Long-Range slug shooting he's ever seen - and trust me, Jayson is a stone-cold killer with an airgun!

I also shot an old .30 FX Bobcat Mk2 at the EFT GP event and came in 2nd to a Daystate in 1st, 3rd, and 4th.

Yes, I'll be at RMAC and shooting both Daystates and FX airguns... I'm an equal opportunity addict... :ROFLMAO: See you there!
Way to go at the Long-Range Challenge. The Panthera is a beast at long range (amongst other things). Will be good to see you at RMAC, maybe things will align and we can beat each other up in a Speed squad again. (y)

lol In Mikes defense (Which he doesn't need any help from me for at all lol ) he clearly stated his was a .22 cal cricket previously in the aforementioned post above if you didn't notice that haha. Yours does not make that energy either in .22 either ((((( Apples and Apples not Apples and Oranges per caliber comparisons )))) from the postings you presented to us here above as well . Are you comparing the energy of a .30 cal to a .22 cal :rolleyes: in your question to him ? lol ===This is in fun!!! and he clearly uses what he enjoys and does incredible (( which has FX in the mix)) and is very well rounded with no specific brand dedication which is one of the reasons He is appreciated and respected by alot of us here on AGN.

The new line up is cool Nice Job ! on this one so far haha.
I like Mike a lot, so had to dig, but fair point, Can't compare to the .30 cal. But I'm guessing a .22 carbine cricket can't sniff the 40 ft/lbs the Panthera Hunter Compact can reach. But to Mike's point, they'll both shoot 18gr pellets the same. All in good fun!

Way to go at the Long-Range Challenge. The Panthera is a beast at long range (amongst other things). Will be good to see you at RMAC, maybe things will align and we can beat each other up in a Speed squad again. (y)
Yes, you were the only one in our Squad that beat me that year. It’s time for some Pay Back! 🤪

My .25 Panthera 600mm is absolutely awesome out to 300 yards. Definitely “minute of squirrel” even at that range.

You’re correct, the Cricket mini is a 30 FPE gun.

• Haha
Reactions: Larcat and swNCsw
I like the concept very much, kudos to FX. But must point out that they BRK Brocock led the way, with smaller, wicked, high quality mini carbines like the Atomic, Ranger and Pathfinder XRs. I understand the Panthera puts out more FPE, but I also understand that I got into smaller guns for the “lower power”. Either way it looks to be a winner for FX.

This puts an awful big squeeze on the RAW micro hunter! I do however wish that FX would put a bit more effort into the 177 cal. No doubt it’s another slow twist liner that struggles with slugs. Still waiting for that to be addressed for the M3/WC/Mav Panthera. If you’re listening FX, please give us a 1:15-16 177 that can shoot slugs>13 grain!

Reactions: rigbymauser
This puts an awful big squeeze on the RAW micro hunter! I do however wish that FX would put a bit more effort into the 177 cal. No doubt it’s another slow twist liner that struggles with slugs. Still waiting for that to be addressed for the M3/WC/Mav Panthera. If you’re listening FX, please give us a 1:15-16 177 that can shoot slugs>13 grain!
Maybe, maybe not, FX just understands the Mini/Micro Carbines are practical and very desirable for many pesting and hunting applications. You don’t need 40 FPE to pest inside and around buildings and equipment, so the Micro Hunter and others will still have their solid roles.

Maybe, maybe not, FX just understands the Mini/Micro Carbines are practical and very desirable for many pesting and hunting applications. You don’t need 40 FPE to pest inside and around buildings and equipment, so the Micro Hunter and others will still have their solid roles.
You don’t have to operate the Panthera at full tilt. I can change the power wheel on my 600mm/22 Panthera from a 60fpe slug setting down to 800fps Hades (could go even lower) and it’s hole on hole accurate and whisper quiet. We’ll see how it shakes out but it’s hard to sell stuff based on an absence of a capability.

Reactions: Stone02 and L.Leon
You don’t have to operate the Panthera at full tilt. I can change the power wheel on my 600mm/22 Panthera from a 60fpe slug setting down to 800fps Hades (could go even lower) and it’s hole on hole accurate and whisper quiet. We’ll see how it shakes out but it’s hard to sell stuff based on an absence of a capability.
So who’s selling based on an absence of a capability? Should I deduce from your comment that the Compact Panthera “blows away” all the other less powerful Micro and Mini Carbines? Of course it doesn’t. It seems counterintuitive to buy a 60 FPE gun to dial it down to sub 20-25 FPE. Contrary to popular belief. One gun “can not do it all, well”. Hole on hole at all the settings? Yeah, OK. And unless the gun has some mass, it might be a tad unpleasant to shoot at higher FPE. It’s a fine offering, but it’s just that, another choice. We will see how it shakes out. Some guys will over accessorize them to being super heavy and cumbersome. The bottle up front is my fav. All the other combos, just fatten her up.

For those who watched the video . . . what is the message being sent to potential customers with a young 30 something guy with a neatly trimmed beard, decked out in full camo with camo swamp boots, stepping out of his brand new $70K pickup and grabbing and shouldering his large camo rucksack, then pulling out his folding stock Panthera and stepping off into the pine woods (L.A.?) as in lower Alabama. 🍻 Then the sell . . . this is the ultimate "truck gun" (for us old fogies, what is a truck gun? I carry a gun in my truck, but it is not a pellet gun)

Being new to PCPs I have finally figured out that "purpose/application" of your shooting is very important to establish so one does not end up with a bunch of excess rifles that don't get shot. There are so many very cool guns on the market, so little money left with which to buy them. 🍻FX makes some very nice rifles with top shelf technology. I'm sure this new folder will be a success and fill a niche.

So who’s selling based on an absence of a capability? Should I deduce from your comment that the Compact Panthera “blows away” all the other less powerful Micro and Mini Carbines? Of course it doesn’t. It seems counterintuitive to buy a 60 FPE gun to dial it down to sub 20-25 FPE. Contrary to popular belief. One gun “can not do it all, well”. Hole on hole at all the settings? Yeah, OK. And unless the gun has some mass, it might be a tad unpleasant to shoot at higher FPE. It’s a fine offering, but it’s just that, another choice. We will see how it shakes out. Some guys will over accessorize them to being super heavy and cumbersome. The bottle up front is my fav. All the other combos, just fatten her up.
I sense that I’m touching a nerve, which isn’t my intent. I have several lower power guns that I appreciate for other reasons, including the beloved atomic XR. Unlike you, I actually use it as a pistol and to that point, we can coexist with different likes and views. I was specifically pointing at the RAW because it’s arrived at the same time as this “other” Hunter and at the same price (as I recall) which naturally will pit them against each other. Just doesn’t seem like favorable timing, but I may be wrong. As for the “selling” comment, perhaps I didn’t word it clearly. I’m simply saying that the argument of it not having the capability to damage, for example, the dairy roof, isn’t really viable if the Panthera shoots well at lower power, as my larger one does (with a slug liner!).

Reactions: Stone02
I sense that I’m touching a nerve, which isn’t my intent. I have several lower power guns that I appreciate for other reasons, including the beloved atomic XR. Unlike you, I actually use it as a pistol and to that point, we can coexist with different likes and views. I was specifically pointing at the RAW because it’s arrived at the same time as this “other” Hunter and at the same price (as I recall) which naturally will pit them against each other. Just doesn’t seem like favorable timing, but I may be wrong. As for the “selling” comment, perhaps I didn’t word it clearly. I’m simply saying that the argument of it not having the capability to damage, for example, the dairy roof, isn’t really viable if the Panthera shoots well at lower power, as my larger one does (with a slug liner!).
No nerves touched, it’s a hobby after all. There will be buyers for both the Micro Hunter and Panthera Compact… All the “adjustability” on the Panthera is not necessarily a plus to some shooters. Conversely the argument that you can dial down the Panthera Compact to shoot pigeons in the rafters with pellets and then dial it up for same pigeons at 100 to 150 yards with slugs. All in the same outing, seamlessly??🙀

Reactions: Stone02
No nerves touched, it’s a hobby after all. There will be buyers for both the Micro Hunter and Panthera Compact… All the “adjustability” on the Panthera is not necessarily a plus to some shooters. Conversely the argument that you can dial down the Panthera Compact to shoot pigeons in the rafters with pellets and then dial it up for same pigeons at 100 to 150 yards with slugs. All in the same outing, seamlessly??🙀
Aye - no reg change- just turning the macro wheel from 22 to 8 (on my tune). I understand that there might be some scepticism! It’s running a tune well below the knee for the pellets, but it works.

Edit: plus, I’m sure that this mini version will do it better than my slug liner. It’s using the dreamline pellet liner, which is optimized for pellets and light slugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stone02 and L.Leon