A New Compact Airgun Era Unfolds - The New Panthera Hunter Compact is Now Available.

A New Compact Airgun Era Unfolds - The Panthera Hunter Compact is a Short, Compact Hunting Powerhouse with Optional Configurations - Shipping Today!

New-Era-Unfolds-AGN.jpg

The FX Panthera leapt airgun innovation forward with its patented over the barrel plenum and high-power / short-impulse valve design. Though the original Panthera is a purpose-built competition slug rifle, shooters have desired to use this exciting new airgun technology in different ways as well. Introducing the new FX Panthera Hunter Compact. A compact pellet shooter that can be configured in multiple ways to be tailored to your style of shooting.

Standard-Compact-AGN.jpg

The Panthera Hunter Compact is available in calibers .177 thru .30 using a shortened FX Smooth Twist X Superior barrel (300mm barrel in .177 & .22 cal / 380mm in .25 cal / 395mm in .30 cal). The two smaller calibers use the 62cc Macro Plenum while the .25 & .30 cal barrels utilize a new 100cc Macro XL Plenum. The Hunter Compact comes with a 300cc carbon fiber bottle located in the front of the rifle to give great balance when shooting the rifle off-hand. It comes with a standard AR grip, full picatinny top rail with 20 MOA built in, and a rear stock with adjustable length of pull and adjustable cheek piece as standard.

Double-Bottle-AGN.jpg

Shooters can further tailor their rifle with accessories such as the FX Dynamic DoubleAir Adapter Kit which can add the addition of a 300cc carbon fiber bottle to the rear stock allowing a higher shot count. Users can even move the existing 300cc bottle to the back and place a 480cc or 580cc bottle at the front for a massive amount of air!

Arca-Compact-AGN.jpg

Additional accessories are also being released to tailor fit your rifle including the Dynamic Compact Length Arca Rail (can be added when configured with the bottle in the rear) and the FX Dynamic Side Accessory Pic Rail. Also being released is the new FX Dynamic AR Folding Stock adapter. This allows a standard AR buffer tube and butt stock to be affixed to the rifle, reducing the overall length of the rifle when folded to just 20” in length!

Folding-AR-Stock-Compact-AGN.jpg

The FX Panthera Hunter Compact is a great option for those who plan on shooting pellets or lighter slugs and under 100 yards and prefer a small, compact package. The FX Panthera Hunter Compact is currently either in stock or shipping to all FX dealers.

Pricing in the US as follows:

FX Panthera Hunter Compact $1699.99 - Available in .177, .22, .25 & .30 Cal

Optional Accessories:
FX Dynamic DoubleAir Adapter $24.99
FX Dynamic Folding AR Stock Adapter $79.99
FX Dynamic Side Accessory Pic Rail Adapter $69.99
FX Dynamic Compact Length Arca Rail $149.99

Optional-Accessories-AGN.jpg

FX-Panther-Hunter-Compact-Sales-Sheet-2.jpg

If this offered me anything better than my current dreamtac compact, I’d jump on it, but I don’t need all that power it has the capability of pushing. Great job FX in your continuation of purpose built rifles. I look forward to the future of this new block in other platforms!

Gee, it looks just like my Dreamline Tact Compact.

View attachment 355339
Looks like yes but the panthera packs a ton more power and brings a lot more barrel rigidity to the table.

Nothing at all wrong with the dream tac but theyre not the same.

An interesting concept... Unfortunately, I've had one of those for over five years now. It's called a Kalibrgun Cricket mini-Carbine in .22 caliber with 15.3-inch barrel...
I will ask Mike, does that Cricket mini-Carbine reach 107 ft lbs? ;)

The cool thing that's happening with the Dynamic block that the Panthera uses, is that we're getting power and velocities that previously needed a 500mm & 600mm barrel, just now out of 300mm and 385mm barrels.

Hope to see you at RMAC this year Mike!

Last edited:

The cool thing that's happening with the Dynamic block that the Panthera uses, is that we're getting power and velocities that previously needed a 500mm & 600mm barrel, just now out of 300mm and 385mm barrels.

Nope, but for a .22 shooting 18.1 JSB they are equivalent, and that's what most shooters use for hunting squirrels out to 100 yards at ranches, farms and residential areas where there are houses close by. So, it's not a criticism. Just a statement that aside from significantly higher power potential, it's not really a new concept...

You already know I really like my .25 Panthera 600mm that I shot at Oregon two weeks ago and shot a perfect score (250/250) in the Long-Range Challenge... Both Jayson Barnes @Jayson and Shane Royce were watching, and Jayson told me afterwards that was the best Long-Range slug shooting he's ever seen - and trust me, Jayson is a stone-cold killer with an airgun!

I also shot an old .30 FX Bobcat Mk2 at the EFT GP event and came in 2nd to a Daystate in 1st, 3rd, and 4th.

Yes, I'll be at RMAC and shooting both Daystates and FX airguns... I'm an equal opportunity addict... :ROFLMAO: See you there!

Last edited:
This looks like a nice option. Price is comparable to other mini-carbine setups in it's range and the power is impressive for the barrel lengths. I imagine with short barrels these will be quite loud at the max fpe, but still impressive numbers.

Setup options are pretty cool too. I like the rear bottle / Arca rail the best, but would also go for the folding stock / front bottle if I wanted more of a pack gun.

lol In Mikes defense (Which he doesn't need any help from me for at all lol ) he clearly stated his was a .22 cal cricket previously in the aforementioned post above if you didn't notice that haha. Yours does not make that energy either in .22 either ((((( Apples and Apples not Apples and Oranges per caliber comparisons )))) from the postings you presented to us here above as well . Are you comparing the energy of a .30 cal to a .22 cal :rolleyes: in your question to him ? lol ===This is in fun!!! and he clearly uses what he enjoys and does incredible (( which has FX in the mix)) and is very well rounded with no specific brand dedication which is one of the reasons He is appreciated and respected by alot of us here on AGN.

The new line up is cool Nice Job ! on this one so far haha.