• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

A message from AAFTA 2022

Dear AAFTA Club members,

Greetings from the Board of Governors! It is hard to believe 2022 is here and a new season of field target is upon us! On behalf of the BOG I would like to thank each of you for making Field Target possible last year. Through all the uncertainties and shut downs of Covid, it was the local clubs that worked responsibly to keep our sport alive. Thank you for your dedication! 

We would like to thank Tyler Patner for his service on the BOG as he fulfilled his term as Chairman last year. His talent and expertise has been a great asset, and he has definitely made a positive impact on our sport. Thank you Tyler for your service!

The 2022 season is already underway and we have a lot to look forward to this year. GP events are already being scheduled and planned. Details are being finalized for our National Championship finale at the Aguadilla Field Target Club in Puerto Rico October 14-16. As always, you can check out the calendar of events, submit your GP event, access the 2022 handbook and other resources at aafta.org. We also have a AAFTA group on facebook where you can add or share pics and post from your local matches. It’s also a great place for clubs to make or share an ‘event’ of your upcoming GP to grow interest and attendance. 

I would like for you to start thinking about the 2023 Nationals and if your club would like to host. I know that sounds like a long way away but time flies! We have made some changes regarding AAFTA hosting fees to help ease the financial burden on host clubs. AAFTA plans to take a more active role in obtaining sponsorships and donations for our Nationals event. We encourage your club to consider hosting this event in the future to ensure the health and growth of the sport! 

The BOG is always open to concerns and questions that arise. The best way to contact us is by email at [email protected]. Using that email ensures your question reaches the entire board in your own words. We will do our best to give your concern a thoughtful consideration and response. The BOG are all volunteers and I would like to say a word of thanks for their time and effort as they work behind the scenes to help maintain and grow the sport without much recognition or praise. Thank you!

Feel free to share this message with your club members. We are excited for the new year of opportunities. Here’s to a great season of Field Target in 2022! Shoot straight!

Sincerely,
Philip Hepler

AAFTA Chairman

aafta_logo_large copy 2.1641994512.png