A-mazing 10-Meter Challenge

A few years back, during COVID lockdowns and the depths of a northeastern winter, I needed something new and challenging. Shooting my usual targets at 10-meters inside my basement "range" was turning me into a troll! I desperately needed something fun and challenging that would work at the paltry 10-meter distance I had to work with. The goal was to create a target that would stay challenging for an extended session and allow for the use of a scope. The few remaining brain cells not killed by home confinement or COVID gave birth to this "A-mazing" challenge.

The rules are simple, you must shoot your way through this maze using the least number of shots. You begin on the cell to the right of the "Start" and advance to the cell to the left of the "Finish" one shot at a time, but you need to be accurate! To move to the next cell, you must either punch-out the circle or the pellet hole must cross the perimeter of the circle, otherwise you need to shoot again to move to the next step. The shortest path through the maze is 55 shots (not including the Start and Finish cells) therefore any shot in excess of 55 counts against you!

How to score:
The best score is zero. If you took only 55 shots to complete the maze you don't get penalized, BUT if you take more then 55 shots you subtract 1 point for each shot over. For example, let's say it took 70 shots to get through the maze, then your score would be -15.

I won't post my score or target till later to avoid giving away the solution.

Tips:
The target was designed for .177 caliber springers; therefore .22 users and PCP shooters may want to handicap themselves to increase the difficulty. Lastly, I recommend setting your scope between 12x to 16x for maximum enjoyment. The target should be printed on regular printer paper using fit to size settings or 100%.

-Marty

View attachment AmazingDarker.pdf

Below is how I faired...

Rifle: TX200HC .177
Pellet JSB Diabolo 8.4
Distance: 10 meters
Scope: Hawke Vantage 3-12x used 12x

Score: -12

I needed 55 shots to complete the maze, but it took me 67 to ensure that each circle was touched or punctured by the pellet. I think wadcutters would make it easier to score since the Diabolos make smaller ragged holes.

If anyone has any input on how to make it better, then please leave a comment. Thanks!

-Marty

Amazing IMG.jpg

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1