• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Marauder and a Kratos or 1 FX Dreamline

Hi Mdk40, No offense intended, but, I don't understand to concept of hog hunting with a 25 cal airgun? Do you intend to shot only very small hogs at close range? Otherwise, IMHO 300 fpe & 357 cal or more for hog.

Agreed. Also I am glad everyone is comparing Mrods and Impacts/Dreamlines because that is their quality equal. Nobody ever compares FX to Uragan, Veterans, Daystates, Brococks and RAWs. A Mrod you can get out the door for $429 maybe less if you have a special discount code. And that is the gun rivaling a Dreamline :) 

Holy cow. And yeah Hogs are tough machines. I wouldn't trust anything under .45 to crack that skull ethically. .357 is indubitably a starting point on hog hunting. Less than that is just not enough to have the peace of mind that you won't hurt some animal and have it run off. Nothing about a wounded animal is cool.

Thank you to everyone for their input, it really is helpful. 

Fwiw, I realize the Benjamins and FX are not an apples to apples comparison. I was trying to get some input on whether one might prefer 2 Benjamins in separate calibers over 1 FX w/ 2 barrels for approx the same money. As to .25 for hogs, upon further research I agree I would be “undergunned.”

Thank you again for all the help!

Thank you to everyone for their input, it really is helpful. 

Fwiw, I realize the Benjamins and FX are not an apples to apples comparison. I was trying to get some input on whether one might prefer 2 Benjamins in separate calibers over 1 FX w/ 2 barrels for approx the same money. As to .25 for hogs, upon further research I agree I would be “undergunned.”

Thank you again for all the help!

I bought a brand new Benjamin Maruauder after having owned an older FX Royale and was immediately underwhelmed and regretted spending the money and time on it. That's not to say the Benjamin was a piece of junk, it was fine. It filled with air and sent pellets down range and didn't give me any problems for the short time I had it. I probably would have loved it had I not owned the FX Royale prior to it, and the Dreamline you are looking at today is much nicer than the Royale I had 8 years ago. 

The Benjamin just doesn't match the quality of the Dreamline in any measurable catagory; Trigger, adjustability, ergonomics, weight, indexing, efficiency, overall shot count, magazine capacity, caliber swapping and most importantly, accuracy. My particular Benjamin had the well respected Green Mountain barrel and still couldn't keep up. I sold it almost immediately and never looked back and don't look at them to this day. 

As to FX quality control, I've had one issue out of 4 guns and after a little googling and tinkering it took all of 10 minutes to fix it. 

For me, I'd rather have one gun that I love (that also has two barrels / calibers) than two guns that collect dust because I don't want to shoot them. However, if I had not had an FX prior to the Benjamin, I may very well have been tickled pink because they are fine guns for their price points. 

Best luck with whichever you choose,

Cliff

My marauder sits in my closet unused. LW barrel, MMHF barrel, modified valve, hill valve, ss valve, huma reg, 4 different types of hammers, 3 different hammer spring...and tons of air and pellets.

My dreamline in comparison is more efficient, more accurate, lighter, better balance, more powerful, and easier to shoot than my marauder. Oh, and it is FAR FAR easier gun to work on. I played around with a huma reg (back to AMP reg), put a power plenum on it, shimmed (and unshimmed) the hammer spring...and the whole time it was easier to work on than completely disassembling the marauder tube to get the reg out to make an adjustment...

Pretty sure that, overall, i dumped more money in the marauder.

go fx learn the does and donts and never look back you will not regret it ever and the accuracy even with a bad tune will be good i have a maverick and really have no problems but the ones i have had were always on me not fx they are smooth as silk and quiet and dependable all the time and when you pull the trigger and miss its usually on the trigger puller not the rifle my 2 cents from a man that is poor 24.000 a year income and the best 1600.00 bucks i have ever spent