A look back: The Marauder

My First Pcp was a Benjamin Maruader. This was 2010. Having had around 20 springers in my stable. This first gen m rod was my first ever pcp. .22 cal. Those first Maruaders were hit or miss mine was somewhere between and I promptly sent it away. To be tuned and it was. ( Greg Davis was the tuner if any can remeber that far back )

After that it was a floating barreled shooter ( it was a comprehensive tune ). It shoots 14.66 HN. @ 910 -920 fps
( 5.52or 5.53 head ). Nickle size group at 50

I have some modern carbines and bullies nowadays and they are fun. A couple days ago I broke out my old first gen Maruader. Still holding air and shooting pretty accurately. It’s simple and it’s still good. I even like the way it looks. You always remember your first love.

I’m sure others here have had a marauder so share your love for them.

mine seen here with a Barska 3 x12 / Bipod and tank trirail

🫡

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
I have a first gen Marauder. my second PCP
.25 with a green mountain barrel. Had tons of fun with it. very accurate Still hold pressure well. haven 't shot it for 4 years now.

You guys still remember the YF? During of the Christmas Raffle's I won the Steve Corcoran Custom marauder Stock, It's beautiful. I will never sell this airgun.

Benjamin Marauder.jpg

I have a first gen Marauder. my second PCP
.25 with a green mountain barrel. Had tons of fun with it. very accurate Still hold pressure well. haven 't shot it for 4 years now.

You guys still remember the YF? During of the Christmas Raffle's I won the Steve Corcoran Custom marauder Stock, It's beautiful. I will never sell this airgun.

View attachment 326290
That ls sweet.!

I have a green mountain .25 also stored away. That Corcoran just makes it sweet and those first gen .25s shoot damn good

Last edited:
I have the gen. 2 in .25 cal. (green mountain barrel) with a Boyds stock on it, I think I've had it for about 9 tears and have never had to replace any "o" rings yet. It is a tack driver! Yeah it's a tad heavy but I just love this gun! There's a reason why this gun has been around so long, screw the naysayers.

I know right. Great trigger, quiet, accurate , highly tunable. Yes it’s heavy -ish and not so powerful. It was the every man’s gun at almost entry level cost.

It and the Discovery help to usher in the “PCP for everyone”era.

It took a while to convince myself that I needed a PCP. After reading many old threads on here from some well seasoned veterans, I got a Marauder in 2019. Then added some internals like the Huma regulator, Hill light hammer and matched springs, it soon became one of my favorites. I have over 15k rounds through it. Its been super reliable, easy to work on and I should be able to get parts for at least my lifetime. I've come close to "upgrading", but the Marauder does so well, its hard to justify.

20230208_114230.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
It took a while to convince myself that I needed a PCP. After reading many old threads on here from some well seasoned veterans, I got a Marauder in 2019. Then added some internals like the Huma regulator, Hill light hammer and matched springs, it soon became one of my favorites. I have over 15k rounds through it. Its been super reliable, easy to work on and I should be able to get parts for at least my lifetime. I've come close to "upgrading", but the Marauder does so well, its hard to justify.

View attachment 330636

Yeah they were the rifle to have. Love it PS Cool old school rig !

I wish mine had the syth stock 1 lb is a big deal