• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A loaded question.........

My Cricket Bullpup in .22 covers a lot of bases. Compact, accurate, versatile, high shot count, powerful, quiet, affordable magazines and a factory picatinny rail to boot.

f2fd0274-dd89-4ed5-b16b-abbe26a0d429_zpsjfdtqmn7.jpg

My "One gun" is an FX400FT in .22 cal. After MUCH study and thought on it, it won out over the Styer and Air Arms guns. It was in my budget, and the clerk at AOA dug me out a model that is no longer in production. It is a regulated version of the 400 with a 500cc bottle, full length rail, moderator and a fully adjustable trigger. I routinely snipe flies at 25 yards. It currently wears a Leupold MK IV, 8.5-25x with a 50 ft. focus adapter set into an old butler creek lens cap. On medium setting, I can shoot until I'm tired and still have a lot of air in the tank. A good 300 rounds from a single tank. Accuracy has never been an issue. It is truly one of the most accurate guns I have ever owned. I also shoot a custom HW100 tuned by Alan Zasadny, that's saying something about the accuracy of an off the shelf FX gun. They are just plain well built and engineered for accuracy. 

Jamie 

I have to submit two, each with its own caveat. I would love a Cricket Carbine in .25. It is dead nuts accurate, quiet, powerful, sexy, and not too big. But I've never held one much less shot one, so... If we are talking about the end of the world kinda pick your last gun and the rest disappear, I'm feelin an Airforce Condor. I have one and it's set up for CO2 in .177, HPA in .22, and soon in .357. Maybe throw a .25 barrel in there just cause, I mean money is no object, so I'd have the entire spectrum of air guns, from 12-200fpe, and accessories out the wazoo. I'm just one of those weirdo's that doesn't mind the tank/stock feel. If the Condor doesn't count as one, then I'd go Cricket Carbine.

I will say it because nobody else has done so. It would be an FX Impact. I can just see that as the way airguns will progress. Multiple calibers, small, take-down, and the modularity for future updates. When I bought my wildcat I was looking into it, but couldn't afford to spend the extra $600 on it when that doesn't even include a second caliber. 

It's been a while since I posted this question. I have since bought an Air Force Condor. I really like this particular gun. It is lite, handy and really accurate with CPHPs. My Bench rest model, FX 400 FT is a great gun but heavy and very specialized. I don't see myself creeping around in the woods with that one. The Marauders are ok, but not as adaptable as the AF guns. I also like the simplicity of the Condor. Nothing fancy but it will keep pellets in a tight little group at 50 yards. 

If it had to be a springer, there is no doubt my favorite piston gun is the Walther LGV in 177 cal. Again, very accurate, not fussy as to which pellet goes through it and fun to shoot. It isn't too hold sensitive like other springers I have owned in the past. 

Jamie

My .177 Thomas FT is the only one I would keep if I had to sell the others off, but I am enjoying my new found love for the pups.
I've been shooting a little Field Target the past 3 years with our club here in NC and I've gotten my highest two scores with my Thomas so far. I'll never be top dog at the matches, but believe me...it ain't the guns fault!

I'm digging these for plinking ;-)

I like to hunt and target shoot. I also plink alot at paintballs on golf tees. I enjoy shooting offhand, sitting, and from a tree. I just shoot alot on my days off. Im out of city limits, but do have neighbors kinda close. My powder burners have been collecting dust for a long time. For me the list is as follows
1. Accurate.....like half inch max as the norm at 50 yards.
1. Quiet.......like really quiet. Listed this as number one too because it is just as important to me. Its the "quiet" that has enabled me to shoot so damn much at my place.
2. Durability and build quality with no POI shifting whatsoever.
3. Lots of shots per fill.
For me the perfect all around gun has to be the Wolverine Hi-Lite in .22 caliber. I prefer rifles to bullpups. The barrel is free floated....full shrouded and comes with a full length huggett. Stupid quiet out of the box. Arguably the best and most advanced magazine system to date on an airgun. Impossible to double load a pellet without removing the magazine. 50 crazy accurate shots at 32 ft lbs. That is 50 shots with a max spread of 13fps. Easily 60+ shots if your happy with 20ft per second spread. Now the biggest reason....it does all that without a regulator. Less to go wrong. Excellent trigger, lightweight. I know everbodies perfect is different and individualized. Thats my perfect.

Just one airgun? You sound like my wife!

it's not surprising people pick the one they have as most of us don't live anywhere near an air gun store so they only get to try what they and their friends buy. 

I own and have tried more PCP guns than most but not as many as some. I still haven't come across one gun that meets all my needs. If you make me choose one from what I own, I go with my Cricket.... no wait... my Mutant. Definitely my Mutant.... My Mutant or my Cricket... Um.... Definitely one of those.

The Cricket is the easiest gun to shoot out of everything I have tried. It's very stable, properly weighted and allows a good cheek weld. The Mutant is lighter, quieter and has a better build quality. How do you choose?

Hm, a though question, of the guns i dont have i think the steyr lg110 hunting looks so awesome, but what i have read its a bit loud, i realy like the looks of daystate huntsman reagal xl, but it kinds of remind a bit of my air arms s510 .177, wich i love... I don't need any moore power than i can get from my BT65.25, i have a couple of great plinkers in my hatsan at44 .22 tactical and my marauder .25, but to be onest i could sell all of them, and keep my fwb 300s universal, it is super accurate out to about 25-30m, and Yes you can have fun with a 8 joule gun at that distance! It realy is backyard friendly, infact, last time i was out shooting, i was shooting standing about 2 meters from the birdfeeder, and a songbird landed on my shoulder! If thats not quiet i don't know! And you can shoot long distance also, i have a 4 litre bottle at 125m wich i managed to hit, not with every shot but several times, so my choise would be that gun, atleast for now until i buy another...