A Living Room Pellet Trap

thwakkk, that is cool. Yes, low key is the idea. Especially since the target will be right next to my front door.

When ever I want to practice off hand at the same time as I watch tv, I am too lazy to drag back and forth each time the 25lb bullet trap from the kitchen.

Similar to this wall cabinet is what I am leaning towards. I guess the duck seal filling the inside

Screenshot_20220504-130719_Amazon Shopping.1651722246.jpg

I shoot in my basement several times a week, with an AV-46m pistol and an HW30s rifle (both .177).

My trap is a Do-All. You'd have to measure to be sure, but in a curio cabinet, or like pictured above, I think the trap would fit.

A piece of cardboard across the front of the trap reduces escaping pellet fragments to very near zero.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Do-All-Traps-22-17-Bullet-Box/17510873?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&&adid=22222222227014888813&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=538527485736&wl4=pla-311252830942&wl5=9002274&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=17510873&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-ay4oP3L9wIVltzICh2amQpOEAQYAyABEgLHSPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't know if this fits all of your needs, but it works well for me to keep the pellet and paper target mess to a bare minimum.

I have a 1" super target system ballistic panel for my kitchen trap. I can attest, nothing under 20 fpe can pierce it. What does happen is the pellet bounces straight back to me 27 feet away. Not enough energy left to hurt tho.

If it is lighter, maybe using such a panel as a backing instead of steel?

The dart board cabinet is the right direction to look since my front door opens against the wall I want to use.

Hmmm... Keep the comments coming please
Definitely dartboard box but make sure you get a good one 2 inches thick. They will be pricy but worth it.

Seems like you found a solution that works for you. I don't use it inside but my normal pellet trap is a steel breaker box I found in my shed filled with rubber mulch. I screwed wood around the edges so I could staple a piece of cardboard over the mulch. The target either gets clipped or taped to the cardboard. If the mulch slumps down I hit the back of the box - there are dents - but nothing comes close to getting through. My most powerful PCP is a little over 40 fpe. Most of my shots are with one of my 30-35 fpe ones. But a couple are just under 20 fpe. The dents are from the bigger guns. I bring my trap inside when I am not shooting and when I am shooting I put it on either one of two brick pillars I made for it (at 25 and 33 yards) or a movable column made from a piece of 4x4, an old brake disc, and some scrap. I want the target up some so I am shooting above my doggies height. I normally shoot off my elevated side porch but also use my back porch sometimes.

You all shooting inside apartments have bigger Kahoonas than I.

I would feel the need to check for “shot drilling” cause my luck, the one time I don’t, I’m gonna be getting a knock on my door from a peed off neighbor who just lost his 70” TV screen, or worse yet, his cat just flopped over dead.

Plus, if I happen to be your neighbor, I already know my wife with her super human hearing. At 10pm at night she’ll wake me up to try and hear what she hears, that TINK noise every 10 seconds!!