A little long, but worth the read - Edgun West and the L2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have really hesitated to post in this thread while sharing a long PM with Greg. While I have never had a truly bad experience with Brian, I have experienced some of the lack of communication and I would say 50% of my orders I had to reach out and say - hey you forgot to include a part. But in all he has made it right for me. That being said I have been using Fransisco more and more for parts orders because his website has more options, I can order right away and I have received my packages sometimes in under 36 hours here in the US. 

I don't know if Brian is spread too thin, has other business ventures, etc. But, I agree he does need to improve communication overall as many write of terrible experiences when they have a problem. With the announced production move to the US, which I can only imagine requires an outlay in either CNCs or outsourcing of machine work, I hope EGW is able to build out a solid business and get past the communications issues. 

I have really hesitated to post in this thread while sharing a long PM with Greg. While I have never had a truly bad experience with Brian, I have experienced some of the lack of communication and I would say 50% of my orders I had to reach out and say - hey you forgot to include a part. But in all he has made it right for me. That being said I have been using Fransisco more and more for parts orders because his website has more options, I can order right away and I have received my packages sometimes in under 36 hours here in the US. 

I don't know if Brian is spread too thin, has other business ventures, etc. But, I agree he does need to improve communication overall as many write of terrible experiences when they have a problem. With the announced production move to the US, which I can only imagine requires an outlay in either CNCs or outsourcing of machine work, I hope EGW is able to build out a solid business and get past the communications issues.

While I understand where you’re going with this, and I too was hesitant to post in here, and instead reached out to Greg theough PM, I think if Brian is spread thin, he either needs to hire more people to trust with these “simplistic” issues, or tell his customer base to please be patient and he’ll get to them. The fact that when he did communicate, he practically told Greg to go pound sand (in different words), it shows me he doesn’t care once the money is in the bank. It’s just on to the next shmuck that has 2 plus grand to spare on the mighty L2. 

the premise, I own a leshiy 2 myself, and while I absolutely LOVE the gun, I don’t care for the dealer. The ONLY reason I purchased it from Brian was the price. His emails were short and sometimes rude, and in the end, I was missing parts or the parts I requested were different. During my calls with him, he always ensures that he’ll get stuff right out to me, then it takes weeks to show up. Again, I understand that he’s a one man band right now, and he may be up to his eyeballs in work, but let’s face it, if this was any other airgun, we’d all be running the other direction!

Have you roll tested the barrel to make sure it’s straight? I really hate to hear about all the issues You have had, but it seems more dealers are getting this way. I’ve had issues in the past with dealers, one took care of the issue, the other did not. Guess who is getting my money next time! 
I do feel the dealer feedback area should be more open and dealers could be rated on here. You get one vote per proof of purchase, so the dealers with the best customer service get rewarded. 

A few years ago I eluded to a issue I had with Brian regarding an Edgun purchase I made with him. My issue is minuscule in comparison to yours. However, the issue I had was so small that I find it silly that Brian never made it right. It would have cost less than $5 including shipping. This was my first and last Edgun purchase as a result of my brief experience. I own eight air rifles currently, and I have had about twenty in total. Not as many as some of you addicts, but enough to come to realize which companies have stellar service. I never thought that I would give AOA praise, but they have been good to me lately. I’ve been in this sport long enough that I purchased my first pcp from Robert when he answered the phone. 

I see a trend regarding issues like yours. I think that Brian and others in similar business situations are in over their head regarding the capabilities of a 1-2 two man shop. I have several hundred clients myself, all of them run their own small businesses. To many of them are burning the candle on both ends tackling job duties, employee monitoring, sales, and accounting. Brian does come off nice, but nice is overrated if customer service is lacking. I’d take a sour grape over a nice shell of a guy any day if the grape knows his stuff and acts on it.

I am glad that you took the time to post. I think that it is important for others to know including Ed. Maybe some good will come of this thread. Hopefully all involved will learn and make something positive of this.

I have had my Edgun for several years now, and not one pellet through her either. She is a safe queen like a few others of mine. I hope that I don’t end up needing parts for it down the road..

my l2 is a 22 350mm barrel, its an older model w/o the repr. it shoots 18.1s a bit fast 930 at least, not super great with more fliers then i’ll tolerate. Long story short my L2 absolutely loves my corbin press made .217 slugs, no fliers hole in hole short range (<50 yards), yes the slugs fall out of the mag but you just need to load it with barrel pointed up. I would prefer the L2 shoots pellets better, making slugs isn’t alot of fun, but it is without a doubt more consistant with nsa 20.2, griffin 19 and possibly best with my own made 18.9 grain. The L2 is my go to house sparrow ag, which normally is 20-40 yard ranges. Ive tried multiple slugs larger diameter so not to fall out the mag with poor results. in july 2021 i put $100 down on a 450mm barrel. i contacted them a few months ago got a vague response that told me nothing. im gonna wait until july and ask for my $100 back.

Perhaps it's time we consider an Airgun lemon law similar to what most states use for vehicles. What a Novel idea.
Screenshot_20220518-110847_Google.1652886929.jpg

Who actually thinks Edgun will survive in the US? I wouldn't take that bet or gamble purchasing one, and I will believe a US Edgun factory when I see it. I also do not think there is an appetite in the US for supporting a manufacturer from a terrorist enemy country. You purchase a Edgun and you are rolling the dice IMO.

I would have contacted my bank and disputed the charges long ago, then drive to EGW and have some choice words for Brian. 

I really appreciate you guys validating me on this issue. I for a long time didn't know if I was the bad customer and I was wrong. At times some of these sellers can make the customer think this way. But a few friends of my told me this is not right and the issues I am having are not in my head.

I know the reaction most would have is to just head down there personally and get it done man to man. But for those that know the EGW address is not his shop. It is a UPS store in the middle of Yorba Linda miles away from his "shop". If you get the address from him, it's by appt only. His doors are locked, because he does not do foot traffic. There is no way to just head over there. Also EGW does not have open hours. So like yesterday there was no answer at his shop, they were closed or no answering phones. So this is why you don't just head to EGW store, as there is no store. 

Hope that clarifies things a little. 

Thank you for all the input. I am working with a few members on see what the exact issues are with my set up. Also working with my bank to see what can be done. Also still trying to work with EGW (if I can get ahold of them) to see if an amicable solution can be had, as I am not looking to ruin a relationship that I will need for warranty work in the future. I am also calling UA to see if they can do any future warranty work if needed also as they now sell the L2.

That sounds like a terrible experience, hope Brian will make it right. Like many I decided to wait on the L2 and so far it has been a wise choice.

No one is nor ever will be perfect, so it is very important to me that the guns I buy have MANUFACTURE support! NOT support from Edgun West or AOA who have bills to pay by doing others lines of business, this is a good example and so is the recent example of AOA ditching BSA. 

And unfortunately the resale value on the L2 has tanked for the most part. So if you are, like me so far upside down you can’t just “move on”. I am going to make the best of the situation. I am going to run the gun with a 450 barrel in the mid 800s and learn to fix what breaks by buying parts from Franscisco. If I can’t fix it I will send in for warranty repair. What happens after who knows with a poor working relationship, but the warranty will be honored with the price of the gun or handled in small claims. I am done with the battle and petty BS. Hopefully in a week I will know more. 

I ordered some parts including a new Huma regulator that I never received. Took months to receive what was already paid for and in stock. All friendly at first and then no call backs. Finally got my part but no one spoke to me again—-I called weekly. Now I get Edgun stuff overseas. Want a .20 cal barrel for a Leishey Classic.

Hey Bert! been awhile how have you been? PM me!

After buying about a half a dozen new guns: R3, R3M's, and a Gen 1 Leshiy from Brian, I needed my Leshiy fixed, and it was beyond my skill set.

Long story short, it was there for many months, with no communication, nor service.

I ended up telling Brian my Leshiy was sold to get it back, in the same shape I sent it, and THAT took a few weeks, to boot.

I haven't been back since.

There's good people out there, and THAT fact makes our hobby SO much more enjoyable.

@Michael is one the Great Guys; in working to keep this forum helpful, and informative.

Prayers for integrity, and people doing the right thing.

That sounds like a very painful interaction, I'd feel the exact same way if I were you. Brian needs to step up and make this right. 

So the barrel doesn't line up straight out of the action without the hand guard? Like the barrel isn't straight?

Yes Sir, that is exactly correct. it's off by inches not MMs to the right. even with shroud off, I can't bore sight the barrel, I run out of windage adjustment before I can even come close.

What happens when you remove the barrel and roll it on a table?

That sounds like a very painful interaction, I'd feel the exact same way if I were you. Brian needs to step up and make this right. 

So the barrel doesn't line up straight out of the action without the hand guard? Like the barrel isn't straight?

Yes Sir, that is exactly correct. it's off by inches not MMs to the right. even with shroud off, I can't bore sight the barrel, I run out of windage adjustment before I can even come close.

What happens when you remove the barrel and roll it on a table?

Sir I am sorry it’s taken me a few to get back to your question but I wanted to make absolutely sure of the answer. The barrel does feel like it rolls smooth on granite. However I get down close and watch both ends at I roll slowly I can see a slight rise on both ends as I roll and on a full turn it dips down. It’s like the barrel is a very slight smiley face if that makes sense. What is weird is I put the barrel in the gun and put the Handguard on, the moderator to the left against the Handguard, I begin to turn the barrel you would expect the moderator to move to the other side of the guard, which it does not. I checked the level of the handguard and it’s level too from bottom to top and level lengthwise. Only thing I haven’t been able to check is the base plate itself. I have really tried to trouble shoot every possible angle on this issue. Shimming just doesn’t work and once I told EGW that wasn’t working I no longer had contact. So now I am working on trying to find other options. Also to be honest shimming a valkyrie kit and barrel made for this gun makes no sense to me. A soda can fix on a $1000 + kit that’s specifically made for this gun is working around a defect. This is a charge back issue to the manufacturer under warranty. It should be easy, but it has been months of an issue with no resolution. This is where I am at this point. Putting in a 450 barrel and Handguard Monday to see if there are any alignment issues, which I hope not as them the problem os really big, but if not then the only issue has to be the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.